KEH or 6Ave?

Who you gonna call? To get a G85 this month.

• KEH. Used. 6 month warranty. Known reputable folks.

Votes: 9 100.0%
  • 6Ave. New. 3 year warranty? Spotty reputation (or have they fixed that?).

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

davidzvi

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
Just be aware, much of 6th Ave is Gray market.

Unless otherwise specified, all products we sell are brand new; however, we are not an authorized Panasonic dealer and therefore can also offer you, the consumer, a lower price as we do not have to adhere to MAP (Minimum Advertised Price). We carry both USA as well as imported Panasonic products. At the top of the webpage, under the title, "Item Specifics", if you find a statement there stating that the item is directly imported by seller or is an "Import Model," it means that the item may have been imported by us and that it may or may not have been originally intended for sale in the U.S.
They say they are not an authorized dealer but carry both USA and Import products. If they are not an authorized dealer I'm not sure it matters if it's a Us product or not when it comes to getting warranty support.

I'm not saying don't buy from them, I've purchased from other direct importers, not 6th Ave. I'm just saying be aware of what you're buying and what the implications are.

Real Name
Ian
KEH is the better of the two options listed, but I would also browse the Buy & Sell sections of this site as well as Fred Miranda. I've bought the majority of my photography equipment (lenses and bodies) used, and it hasn't proven to be an issue. The cost savings were worth it IMO.

Real Name
Mike Peters
In addition to KEH, I highly recommend based on personal experience B&H, Adorama, Lens Authority (division of Lens Rentals) and Unique Photo as all good places to buy used from.

scottz

Mu-43 Regular
What about mbp.com for used gear? Anyone tried them? The include shutter count on their listings.

mmmm......never mind. I feel like an idiot for not noticing the supporting vendor info on the forum page.

Last edited:

scottz

Mu-43 Regular
Just made my first purchase from Robert's/usedphotopro. I just perused their eBay listings and made an offer on a D5300 described as "excellent." My offer of $295 was accepted.

bargainguy

Mu-43 Rookie
Real Name
Don
No matter what used body I'm purchasing, what I want to know is how many shutter actuations?

Not many used dealers divulge their shutter counts first. I know Cameta does. Dealers that don't want you to know don't advertise this.

I have a friend who ordered a Nikon D2X a few years ago from KEH. When he got it, he immediately started having problems with it, so I asked him how many shutter actuations. He didn't know, but I pointed him toward the Opanda software, and when he measured it, he was shocked - approaching 300K clicks.

He sent it back, they sent him another one, this time with more clicks. And guess what? He had problems with that one too, and had to send it back.

So any used dealer that at least gives me a heads-up in terms of actuations is the one I'm leaning toward.

Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, Canada
Real Name
Jan Steinman
KEH just racked up points for me.

They had a "bags and accessories" sale, worth 25% if you entered the ACC5 coupon code. So I went and picked out a bunch of goodies.

I had trouble logging on — probably because I had 2,345,678 browser tabs open — and lost my concentration and forgot to enter the code, which I realized within minutes of placing the order.

I immediately contacted them, explaining my problem, and today I got a notice that I would be credited for the difference.

I have never had a bad experience with KEH, and will continue buying from them!

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom