1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

KEH or 6Ave?

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by WaltP, May 4, 2019.

1. KEH. Used. 6 month warranty. Known reputable folks.

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. 6Ave. New. 3 year warranty? Spotty reputation (or have they fixed that?).

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Choice of G85 bodies. Which one would you take?
    KEH: Used, 6 month warranty. Known reputable folks.
    6Ave: New, 3 year warranty (?). Spotty rep still; or have they fixed that?

2. I've purchased a couple of items from 6thAve without issues.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Thanks for the feedback. Exactly what I'm hoping for.

4. davidzvi

davidzvi Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 12, 2012
    Outside Boston MA
    David
    Just be aware, much of 6th Ave is Gray market.

They say they are not an authorized dealer but carry both USA and Import products. If they are not an authorized dealer I'm not sure it matters if it's a Us product or not when it comes to getting warranty support.

I'm not saying don't buy from them, I've purchased from other direct importers, not 6th Ave. I'm just saying be aware of what you're buying and what the implications are.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. snaimpally

snaimpally Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Dec 31, 2012
  6. relic

relic Mu-43 Top Veteran Subscribing Member

Oct 21, 2010
    North Carolina, USA
  7. skellington

skellington Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Mar 4, 2013
    Atlanta, GA
    Keith
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Ok. Got it. 6th Avenue has NOT regained the trust of the people on this esteemed forum. Thanks for chiming in one and all.

9. scottz

scottz Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Toddster

Toddster Mu-43 Veteran Subscribing Member

Aug 7, 2013
    Florida
    Todd Cleaver
    Yes. I have purchased from usedphotopro (the used side of Roberts) several times. Nice folks, great service.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ijm5012

ijm5012 Mu-43 Legend Subscribing Member

Oct 2, 2013
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Ian
    KEH is the better of the two options listed, but I would also browse the Buy & Sell sections of this site as well as Fred Miranda. I've bought the majority of my photography equipment (lenses and bodies) used, and it hasn't proven to be an issue. The cost savings were worth it IMO.

12. Mike Peters

Mike Peters Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Jun 19, 2016
    Mike Peters
    In addition to KEH, I highly recommend based on personal experience B&H, Adorama, Lens Authority (division of Lens Rentals) and Unique Photo as all good places to buy used from.

13. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    I'd add Cameta as well.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. scottz

scottz Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    What about mbp.com for used gear? Anyone tried them? The include shutter count on their listings.

mmmm......never mind. I feel like an idiot for not noticing the supporting vendor info on the forum page.

Last edited: May 22, 2019 at 12:24 PM
  15. Just received a Lumix GX8 marked "VG" from them that I would rate as Excellent. 6 month warranty as well. Very satisfied with their service and quick shipping.

16. scottz

scottz Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2011
    Littleton, CO
    Just made my first purchase from Robert's/usedphotopro. I just perused their eBay listings and made an offer on a D5300 described as "excellent." My offer of $295 was accepted.

17. bargainguy

bargainguy New to Mu-43

Apr 21, 2015
    Milwaukee, WI
    Don
    No matter what used body I'm purchasing, what I want to know is how many shutter actuations?

Not many used dealers divulge their shutter counts first. I know Cameta does. Dealers that don't want you to know don't advertise this.

I have a friend who ordered a Nikon D2X a few years ago from KEH. When he got it, he immediately started having problems with it, so I asked him how many shutter actuations. He didn't know, but I pointed him toward the Opanda software, and when he measured it, he was shocked - approaching 300K clicks.

He sent it back, they sent him another one, this time with more clicks. And guess what? He had problems with that one too, and had to send it back.

So any used dealer that at least gives me a heads-up in terms of actuations is the one I'm leaning toward.

18. KEH just racked up points for me.

They had a "bags and accessories" sale, worth 25% if you entered the ACC5 coupon code. So I went and picked out a bunch of goodies.

I had trouble logging on — probably because I had 2,345,678 browser tabs open — and lost my concentration and forgot to enter the code, which I realized within minutes of placing the order.

I immediately contacted them, explaining my problem, and today I got a notice that I would be credited for the difference.

I have never had a bad experience with KEH, and will continue buying from them!

19. Indianpeaksjoe

Indianpeaksjoe Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Oct 1, 2012
    Colorado
    I've purchased a lot from KEH, never once had a problem and everything has looked like new.

-Joe

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.