1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

KEH couple day sale... (ends May 13th)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by PakkyT, May 11, 2016.

Tags:
  1. PakkyT

PakkyT Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 20, 2015
    New England
    Just got an email and thought I would pass it along in case anyone needs something from them. Until the 13th, they are offering:

15% off "Digital Gear + flashes and lens converters"
    25% off film gear
    30% off accessories

Use code: HELLO30

Free ground shipping on orders of $49 or more.

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. adamsmt2013

adamsmt2013 Mu-43 Regular

Aug 31, 2013
    Thank you! I just saved some money!

3. Phocal

Phocal Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 3, 2014
    Damn, they have nothing I'm currently looking for. If they had a ZD 35-100 f/2.0 I would have to seriously consider one.

4. NY Gadget Guy

NY Gadget Guy Mu-43 Regular

Mar 17, 2016
    They have a few O75/1.8's and Nocticrons...

Last edited: May 11, 2016
  5. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

$815 for a Nocticron 42.5mm 1.2 with that coupon.

$486 for a silver 75mm f1.8

$122 for Sigma 60mm

6. John M Flores

John M Flores Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 7, 2011
    Somerville, NJ
    Thanks, I just "saved" some money.

• Funny Funny x 4
  7. SVQuant

SVQuant Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 20, 2015
    SF Bay Area, California, USA
    Sameer
    Looks like the deal may be over. Tried to buy a silver 75mm and got a message saying the code is not valid. Saved me from saving some money :) (at least for the moment)

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. 6BQ5

6BQ5 Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2015
    I tried to get a Sigma 30mm DN A for my Oly M10 but the coupon didn't work for me either.

9. Luke

Luke Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 30, 2010
    Milwaukee, WI
    Luke
    glad the code didn't work for me. I really shouldn't be buying gear.

10. RBrianTaylor

RBrianTaylor Mu-43 Regular

Mar 11, 2014
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Brian Taylor
    Bought an E+ version of a Panasonic GH3 for $382, so we'll see how my foray into video goes....

11. Hal Knowles

Hal Knowles Mu-43 Regular

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    @RBrianTaylor@RBrianTaylor that's a great deal on a really wonderful camera with fantastic ergonomics. I've always found the KEH E+ rating to appear and function in near new condition. I bet your shutter count is less than 8,000 actuations. Check out www.eoshd.com for advice on good video settings. His GH3 user guide is pretty helpful as well. Have fun with your foray into videos...it's addictive!

12. RBrianTaylor

Mar 11, 2014
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Brian Taylor
    Thanks for the info, @Hal Knowles@Hal Knowles. The shutter count is 6836, and there isn't a scratch on the camera, just some slight "wear" marks around the grip area... I'll check out that www.eoshd.com website for some tips. Could you recommend any websites for basic primers on how to shoot DSLR video and what other "tools" that I might want/need? Thanks again!

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  13. Hal Knowles

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    Sure thing @RBrianTaylor@RBrianTaylor !

Sorry about the delayed response. A few potentially helpful sites include the following:
    Learn how to make videos | Vimeo Video School
    DSLR Video Tutorials | Lynda.com
    FilmmakerIQ.com
    Mastering Film » BIG BRAINS – small budgets: DIY Filmmaking Advice
    6 DSLR Video Tips That Will Dramatically Improve Your Work + The Best Entry Level DSLR Today!
    Produce Your Best Ever DSLR Video—6 key areas to consider
    How to Use a DSLR to Shoot High Quality Videos
    DSLR Video Shooter - Tutorials, Tools and Reviews for DSLR Video Shooters
    My Gear

Have fun! And remember, other than a camera body, lens(es), audio mic(s), and likely some type of stabilization (e.g., body-based, lens-based, tripod), most the gear is a deep rabbit hole and money sink. The key is your story and your vision. There are so many great videos out there (especially on Vimeo) of DSLR cinematography on the cheap.

14. RBrianTaylor

Mar 11, 2014
    Roanoke, VA, USA
    Brian Taylor
    Thanks, @Hal Knowles@Hal Knowles for those links! I did splurge and buy a Axler Robin Pro 40 Stabilizer L when B&H had them on one of their 1-day sales for $169, so I'll hold off on buying anything else for a little while. I do have a regular photo tripod, but I don't own any video heads, just photo ball heads. I think I'll experiment with just using the Axler for a while and see what I can come up with. I'll probably have to upgrade my computer as it's pretty old, though I might be able to just get a new video card and monitor. We'll see. I have some learnin' to do!

15. Hal Knowles

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    Very cool! Keep us all posted on your opinions of the Axler Robin Pro 40 Stabilizer L. That was a great Deal Zone offer. I was tempted to get one myself.