1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

KEH 20% Off Leica (including PL45mm Macro)

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by Hal Knowles, Jun 15, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Hal Knowles

Hal Knowles Mu-43 Regular

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
  2. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    I bought 3 EX+ graded lenses from KEH last week. None came with any paper/box. I'm not sure I want to buy from them again.

3. tkbslc

tkbslc Mu-43 Hall of Famer

They sell lenses, not boxes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    BH, Adorama, Roberts, Samy's, etc. all sell used lenses, and many come with boxes.

5. Hal Knowles

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    @MaK543@MaK543 I mean no disrespect, but why are you worried about boxes and paperwork? If you want that stuff, then buy new or buy from the mu-43 forum where you can see pictures or ask questions. I believe KEH state that only LN, Demo, or New items come with all original boxes, paperwork, and accessories. Anything from LN- and lower does not guarantee those items (though I've purchased some LN- items that came in an OEM box).

KEH sells a massive amount of used gear. I have probably bought 20 or more items from them over the last 3-4 years. Everything from camera bodies, to lenses, to flashes, etc. I personally feel their grading system is extremely accurate (and often conservative as I find my EX+ items are typically in near new condition).

KEH also has a 14 day, no questions asked return policy and a 6 month warranty. Neither of those guarantees typically come from peer-to-peer sales. If you are unsatisfied with your EX+ lenses, then you can likely return them to KEH for a full refund (minus original outbound shipping). I've returned items that were mislabeled, misgraded, or generally that I found to be flawed copies or unwanted after testing them. The return process has always been super easy.

KEH is a really amazing resource for the photography and videography community. I'm glad they are around! I'm sorry that you've had a bad experience with them. But I do wish you the best in finding a resolution to your concerns. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    Non-boxed items are more likely to be stolen goods. Used item without box also typically loses 10% resale value.
    I usually buy from forum, BH, and Adorama, but this time KEH happened to have what I need, so I took a chance..

I have no issue with KEH return policy. In fact, I'm sending one back due to misgrade. I wish KEH had their 'box policy' listed in product page, or a what's included list. It's a better business practice.

7. Hal Knowles

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    @MaK543@MaK543 I don't agree that unboxed items are "more likely to be stolen goods," especially with a company like KEH. Sure anything is possible and there are certainly stolen goods in the used marketplace, but some people may simply fail to keep their original boxes and paperwork only to find they'd like to sell their gear at some future date.

As for the missing KEH "box policy," I believe they are pretty clear about things. As I stated earlier, anything in LN- or below may not include boxes unless listed along with the item (just like they list things such as caps, hood, bag). See quotes (with my highlights) below.

Grading System

"LIKE NEW" means the equipment is 99 to 100 percent of NEW. Items include original box and instructions.

"LIKE NEW MINUS," the rating of the equipment is at 97 to 99 percent of original condition. Only the closest inspections will reveal slight wear. Perfect glass, but the box and accessories are usually not included.​

Additionally, a company like KEH is about making profit, so it's also possible that for a product that grades below their "Like New" status, they may split the box and accessories off to resell separately. They certainly do that with lens caps and other miscellaneous items. As for the KEH "box policy" its all pretty clearly stated in their grading system. Again, I'm sorry that you've been disappointed in your KEH purchase, but it certainly doesn't seem like KEH did anything wrong from their side.

8. MaK543

MaK543 Mu-43 Regular

May 1, 2012
    MD USA
    This is as far as they go with their 'box policy'. Nothing is said on any other grades, nothing.. A simple mention of 'box and accessories are not included' would be sufficient, and make a better customer shopping experience. When people shop for used item, more often than not, they only look for the grading description of that specific item. Why look for other grading descriptions not applied to the item of interest?

I build websites. One of my biggest pet peeve is a dysfunctional UI. It leads to bad customer experience. I'll just stop here. :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Hal Knowles

Aug 3, 2015
    Florida
    Hal Knowles
    @MaK543@MaK543 fair enough and understood. I agree that their website has some wonky issues and lack of clarity on some things. Cheers.

10. madogvelkor

madogvelkor Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 22, 2013
    Connecticut
    It also works on the Four-Thirds mount 25mm 1.4