1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Keep or sell 14-42mm kit lens?

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by danoliver1, Jul 3, 2012.

1. danoliver1

danoliver1 Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 21, 2012
    I have a question I have just bought an Olympus 45mm 1.8 and a lumix 14mm 2.5 for my G2 now do I keep the kit lens 14-42mm or sell it on? I really cant see a situation where I would use it over the other two lenses?

2. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    I think until you've got something between those two lenses the zoom is worth keeping around. Unless you need the $100 bucks urgently I'd say hold onto it for the time being.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Maybe buy a second body to put the lens on for either a backup or as a kit that you can take when you don't want to risk the "good stuff"?

An EPL-1 body (new) can be had for $150. Toss on the 14-42 and you've got a decent walk-around rig for not a lot of cash.

Just an idea.

Regards,

Jim

• Like Like x 2
  4. pxpaulx

pxpaulx Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 19, 2010
    Midwest
    Paul
    Great idea too! Cameta has the e-pl1 refurbished (with 1 year warranty) for $129 shipped as well, about as cheap as it gets.

5. yamark

yamark Mu-43 Regular

May 23, 2012
    Kentucky
    I sold my kit lens in favor of buying the refurb epl1

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.