Keep getting lucky in the last few days (with wildlife)

Real Name
Ovidiu
As the title says I keep getting happy moments on the very few moments I get to disconnect from working in a nursing home is when I commute past fields at the edge of the town. It seems that with the human malware situation going on (as I had expected) the wildlife seems to be getting more comfortable and relaxed even close to towns ... which shouldn't be surprised when the traffic is a lot lower now:

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I was as surprised as this 2 beautiful couple when we bumped into each other in the field on the opposite side of the road where my workplace is. It took all 3 of us a few seconds to realize: Ooooooh S^@%* !!! ... they took off and I was scrambling to frame them and 400mm (35mm Equiv) was just barely enough ... and oh man I am happy to have even those 4 extra Megapickles in the E-M1 Mark III (compare to its grandpa) for cropping. I was not expecting or could have hoped that I would find a male AND a female Roe Deer between the town and the main road (maybe between the main road and the highway). They didn't stay for a chat as they bounced off faster than an F1 race and more graceful than a Russian ballerina. I do have a whole sequence of 18 Fanatic-Picturing-Speed ( :p ) where they jump and float at the same time, I will post them here when I have more time to edit them.
.... and I was just looking for a Kestrel to test the AF-C for Birds-in-Flight this morning.

PS. My wildlife skills are so rusty after this winter of doing almost nothing that now when I try to sneak towards wildlife I feel like I have a police siren in my head ...I scare of everything now. I was almost a ninja by the end of last summer ... need to get back into the game and engage my invisibility cloak

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom