Keep an eye out on July 3rd!

GBarrington

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I would be surprised if it is a new Pen F. In spite of the love it received from its users, my understanding is that it wasn't a big seller globally, even by Olympus standards. I'm not sure a new company with survival on its mind would take that sort of risk.

hoodlum

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Nothing will be announced as they will just be promoting the new camera in Japan.

There was a recent rumor that mentioned the E-M1X was going to get a major firmware update. The E-M1iii is also due for a major firmware update. I could see them announcing this during the summer unless they want to make the announcement at the same time as new Olympus body this fall. Something similar to what Panasonic did with the GH5ii/GH6/G9 announcements

Real Name
Walter
Nothing will be announced as they will just be promoting the new camera in Japan.

There was a recent rumor that mentioned the E-M1X was going to get a major firmware update. The E-M1iii is also due for a major firmware update. I could see them announcing this during the summer unless they want to make the announcement at the same time as new Olympus body this fall. Something similar to what Panasonic did with the GH5ii/GH6/G9 announcements

You’re probably right. But one can always hope for a nice surprise! :)

Eager to see what firmware updates bring.

demiro

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
I couldn't be less excited about another Tough model, but it would be wild if they did a Tough with 4/3s sensor and a fixed 17/2.8 or similar, that had similar waterproofing as current Tough. That would obviously never be a big seller, but could be an interesting enough niche offering to at least pay for the R&D costs, and get a few more eyeballs on Olympus.

mawz

Mu-43 Veteran
I couldn't be less excited about another Tough model, but it would be wild if they did a Tough with 4/3s sensor and a fixed 17/2.8 or similar, that had similar waterproofing as current Tough. That would obviously never be a big seller, but could be an interesting enough niche offering to at least pay for the R&D costs, and get a few more eyeballs on Olympus.

If they did it right, it could be a real seller.

Look at what teh X100 has been for Fuji, and it’s not like the LX100’s sold poorly.

A Tough with the 20MP sensor and a 14mm or 17mm ~f2 fixed lens would be killer for the outdoorsy types, and could still be small enough to be almost as pocketable as the current one (think how pocketable an E-PM1 + 17/2.8 is, going fixed leaf-shutter could net a faster lens in the same packaging, then it just needs real sealing and protection wrapped around the frame).

DeeJayK

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Keith
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom