1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Keen street photographer says hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by timallenphoto, May 20, 2011.

1. timallenphoto

timallenphoto Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    I usually shoot with my 5D but have just got myself a bargain E-P1 and tomorrow is my first street shoot with it, can't wait to see how it performs. Will post the results if I get anything good :smile:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Welcome. Good luck getting to know your E-P1. Just don't go looking for the logic or speed of a big Canon...you won't find it :wink:

3. flash

flash Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Apr 29, 2010
    1 hour from Sydney Australia.
    Gordon
    Welcome. Have fun with your new camera.

Gordon

4. SMaturin

SMaturin Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 30, 2011
    New York's Backyard
    Welcome.

If the world ends in Kent tomorrow, can we get pictures from you first?

-Steve

5. timallenphoto

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    Thanks all, I'm heading to the coast so if Rapture comes from the sea I should see it first :)

6. timallenphoto

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    I should perhaps add that the Pen is replacing an S90 as my second camera and I'm not expecting it to compete with my 5D on certain things. I have to say I hope I dont have to go in to the menus often as the layout is confusing to say the least! Will also miss the screen from the S90 as it was incredible, the Pen screen is as bad as my 5D...

7. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Tim - looking forward to some street photos.

8. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    Welcome Tim. What lens you got on your e-P1?

9. timallenphoto

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    I had a great day today though at the moment I've not properly looked at my shots on the Mac yet. Apart from one occasion when I accidentally selected iso 6400 instead of Auto I didn't have any problems with using it and I love the solid feel of the body. I only have the Oly kit lens at the moment but will probably get the Pana 20mm 1.7 pretty soon as I like shooting primes. Will link to a gallery tomorrow, rather shattered after a long day.

10. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you already have some idea of what to expect...

looking forward to seeing some images from the Pen.

Cheers from New England, Alan

11. timallenphoto

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
    Just going through the jpegs now and initial impressions are they're lacking in contrast a bit, maybe I can increase that in settings? Images are also noisier than I expected, but I think I saw a setting for that too. I will play with some of the raw files using CS5 at work on Monday and then make a decision on whether to get some raw software for home; sadly Viewer 2 is incredibly slow to use.

Edit: Used Viewer 2 to change noise setting to high and I'm much happier. Will change the camera setting for the future.

12. timallenphoto

May 20, 2011
    Kent, England
  13. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!