Kauai: The Garden Isle...

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by dadadude, Aug 18, 2013.

1. dadadude

dadadude Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2013
    San Carlos, CA
    David
    Just a few snap shots from my vacation in Kauai the first week of August. Just postcard stuff. G5 with 14-42 plastic kit zoom and the Panny 45-150 zoom. I actually used the 14-42 mainly. Straight RAW to JPEG conversion and re-sized down. This and the Big Island are my two favorite Hawaiian islands.

Sunrise from the lanai:
    [​IMG]

Hanalei:
    [​IMG]

Taro fields:
    [​IMG]

Waimea Canyon:
    [​IMG]

The east side:
    [​IMG]

The beautiful farm land. I bet those cows are happy:
    [​IMG]

End of a hard day, watching a surfer and having a cocktail:
    [​IMG]

2. ptolemyx

ptolemyx Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 19, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Ben
    Nice! My wife and I just got back from a week in Maui--had a great time, but still prefer Kauai for its more relaxed and undeveloped feel. I'll post some of my shots soon...

3. darcius1

darcius1 Mu-43 Regular

Jan 6, 2013
    Sandwich Isles
    Mahalo for sharing.

4. Bokeh Diem

Bokeh Diem Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 14, 2010
    Toronto
    Those shots say a lot about your love for the islands. They also show off a lens that everybody thinks is garbage.

I use the 14-42 a lot of the time. I have two of them.

Aside from a difficult zoom function in video (it really sticks) the lens works well enough. I manage output in LR5 where I re-build everything in PP. For me a lens is a compose and capture device and the darkroom is where the magic and fun begin. It's been that way for forty years.

Will trade up to the 12-35 when I can afford but am in no rush.

Also use the 14.5 and 20 on an E-PL2 when shooting from pockets.

5. sLorenzi

sLorenzi Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 15, 2010
    Brazil
    Sidinei
    Nice set, with beautiful colors. he second one is my favorite.

6. dadadude

dadadude Mu-43 Regular

Jun 12, 2013
    San Carlos, CA
    David
    Well they say that if you stick a broom stick in the ground on Kauai it will sprout roots and grow. It's the same with a camera, just point and shoot and you will have a nice image. For anyone who hasn't been I can't over emphasize how beautiful this island is.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.