1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Karuru Forest, Nairobi

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by datagov, Jul 30, 2015.

1. datagov

datagov Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 2, 2012
    New York
    I spent a few hours this afternoon in the Karuru Forest, which is a big rain forest in the heart of Nairobi, Kenya. It was full of steep ravines, waterfalls, butterflies, and beautiful flowers. Actually I have never seen so many butterflies in one place before. I also ran into a river of Safari Ants making a highway across the trail. Small worker ants carried building materials to their nest while fierce warrior ants guarded the sides of the highway. It was amazing.

Nairobi is a vast city on a high plateau, that is congested and loud. But in this forest, you hear nothing but birds and flowing water. A magical afternoon.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 10
  2. maritan

maritan Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 30, 2014
    Seems like a great experience. I love seeing all these pictures from so many different members, because it helps me put a certain place on my map, so to speak. Basically, another location that I should visit when I get the chance.

• Like Like x 1