Showcase Kamlan 50mm f/1.1 - the ultimate budget portrait lens?

Discussion in 'Native Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Dalleponken, Feb 24, 2018.

1. Dalleponken

Dalleponken New to Mu-43

Jan 5, 2013
    For the extremely low price this is a must for anyone interested in portraits! Build quality is amazing for the prize!

This was taken with and OM-D EM-5 MkII in available light, by Borough Market, London P2230690.

• Like Like x 9
  2. bremner

bremner Mu-43 Regular Subscribing Member

Feb 27, 2016
    Interesting. Did you order it from China?

3. Dalleponken

Dalleponken New to Mu-43

Jan 5, 2013
  4. Taurahe

Taurahe Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 24, 2015
    Brandon
    This lens has been on my radar for a while now.... At 1.1 it is not perfect but man... 1.1 for 150 bucks lol. On m43, any issues with soft edges appear to be gone, making it one heck of a deal.... But I already have 5 50mm lenses, and cannot justify another one lol. Maybe if I can find a cheap used one somewhere one of these days.

5. Dalleponken

Dalleponken New to Mu-43

Jan 5, 2013
    I say get rid of one of the other 50mm lenses and get this one instead. Edges are of course a bit blurry and has a fair bit of CA, but the center is sharp, it has a very warm color tone and the sort of low contrast you really want in a portrait lens, especially for shooting in available light. A lens for creating images that are artistically pleasing rather than one that is pixel-peeping pleasing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. saladin

saladin Mu-43 All-Pro

May 29, 2015
    jason
    Quite interested in this lens. Only 5 lens elements and a hint of swirl in the bokeh. Very old school.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.