Kali. Cuteness overload people

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Iconindustries, Apr 22, 2012.

1. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer

To set the scene. You may remember my friend Chante who I took pictures of awhile ago. Now I added her pictures to Facebook and from there I had a massive influx of friend requests. I didn't really know what to do since I didn't know any of these people wanted to be a Facebook friend. It turns out, one girl messaged me and said she loved the pictures I had done of her friend Chante and asked whether I could do some of her and a friend. I told her I just took photos as a hobby and I'm in no way a professional. I added her as you do and looked through her typical teenage pictures in front of the mirror and iPhone shots ect and saw she was pretty cute. We made a time on saturday and I drove into town and met up and she brought along a friend. I didn't know them from a bar of soap so my first job was to make them feel comfortable and I chatted about my new lens ect and showed them how aperture works. (I don't know whether girls are into that thing but it breaks the ice anyway) I could see they relaxed really fast and we had a really fun time looking around the park and trying photos in different spots and and laughing about various things. It was a beautiful day and we had no time limits so we made the best of it.

I wanted to share some photos because I have to say I reckon she's really cute. What do you forum friends think?

I've also made up my mind if I take more pictures of girls I'm going to bring out the innocence in them rather that the hot sexy look. In today's society girls are generally trashed and my new mission is to bring back some of the innocence and genuine cuteness of who they are.

Also, to those who have't got a Oly 45, just get it. Best thing since sliced bread:)

So this is Kali,

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/6955243958/" title="Kali 5 by iconindustries, on Flickr">[​IMG]"800" height="601" alt="Kali 5"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/6955242986/" title="Kali 6 by iconindustries, on Flickr">[​IMG]"800" height="601" alt="Kali 6"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/7101314561/" title="Kali 3 by iconindustries, on Flickr">[​IMG]"800" height="600" alt="Kali 3"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/6955247618/" title="Kali 1 by iconindustries, on Flickr">[​IMG]"800" height="601" alt="Kali 1"></a>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/7101315481/" title="Kali 2 by iconindustries, on Flickr">[​IMG]"601" height="800" alt="Kali 2 "></a>
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Bhupinder2002

Bhupinder2002 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Wow..Stunning.... She is so cute and beautiful .I love ur shots mate and I am happy that u r doing full justice to Oly 45 mm 1.8 lol
    Fantastic shots and Kali is a Hindu Goddess..just google it and see what comes up ..:rofl:
  3. Iconindustries

I knew you'd like them Bhupinder! Although as a Christian I don't go for the Hindu goddess bit, maybe and Angel:)
  4. Livnius

Livnius Super Moderator

Jul 7, 2011
    Melbourne. Australia
    Interesting story Brady....and some nice shots.

I REALLY like the last B+W shot and the one just before it with the slightly washed out look where Kali is holding the purple flower.

Just 1 criticism of a really really nice set.......I'm not so sure about the 3rd image. To me I think she is looking a little anxious in that shot and the really bright and bold yellow steel-frame is a little too distracting.

Just wondering....has Kali seen the photos yet ? ...curious as to what image your subjects like the most, it would be interesting as to how they see/imagine their 'best self'.

Thanks for posting mate.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Bhupinder2002

Lol ... She is quite powerful goddess actually.Read this please

Kali - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

6. DekHog

DekHog Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 3, 2011
    Well done. I love the PP on the B&W. You may well have a full weekend workload of young cuties in the near future - isn't life such a bitch at times? :wink:
  7. Sawfish

Sawfish Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    These are excellent, and I don’t dare to comment. I enjoy your work very much and it seems to me you have a natural talent for these pictures.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Bhupinder2002

LoL and plenty of natural baeuty around to shoot..
  9. Sawfish

Sawfish Mu-43 Regular

Nov 11, 2011
    Thats a part of the talent :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  10. PiterM

PiterM Mu-43 Regular

Jul 22, 2011
    Stunning photography!!! Now I have a clear benchmark what is possible with GX1 & 45/1.8, which is my combo as well. Thanks for sharing!
  11. Iconindustries

Joe, I thank you for the time to write a comment. I've learnt tons of stuff from posting my pictures here. On the 3rd picture she's actually sitting up on top of the play toys in the park (slippery slide i think) Maybe this picture would look better in fun full colour, rather than muted pastel.

And yes she has seen the pictures and loves them, as does her mum. I haven't talked to her personally yet but I like your idea about finding out what they like to see. It could be a good benchmark to go by in the future.

Cheers Dek. When I finally put the last touches on the black and white one I had to run and show mum, I actually surprised myself big time. I think I've set the bar pretty high for myself now!

As you say 'life can be such a drag sometimes' I'm thinking actually this might be the best time of my life:)

Merci mate (that's a french Aussie mix:)
    I'm glad you commented as I like to hear what other people think

Yeah I've never known such beauty existed out here in the sticks.

Like a hunter haha

Hey Piter, I don't think I've seen you before, welcome here. I love my GX1 and oly combo, my poor GF1 and 20mm hasn't got out of the cupboard since the arrival of her younger sister.:wink: I took my D90 and 85mm lens out and took a few picture with it as well. I should go and have a look at those pictures and see if i can tell any differences between the D90 and GX1
  12. Iconindustries

Casually edited another photo tonight. Gee life is hard....

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/50527022@N02/7115432177/" title="P1020299 - Version 2-2 by iconindustries, on Flickr">[​IMG]"1024" height="769" alt="P1020299 - Version 2-2"></a>
    • Like Like x 1