K-Mount adapter problem/help

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
OK, feeling some combination of puzzled and stupid. Here's the situation:

Ordered and received a K&F Concept Pentax K-Mount to Micro 4/3 lens adapter. Very nicely made piece. Mounts up to my K-Mount lenses just fine.

BUT,

It won't mount onto My E-M1ii. Unlike lenses by themselves, the adapter won't sit down flush onto the mounting surface of the camera body, so as a result, I can't turn it to bayonet on. I've fiddled, tried setting it on one or another "ear" of the mount first, and nada. It isn't close. I don't see anything bent; the little set screw that runs into the mount is turned all the way in (as are the screws on my Oly lenses, and I'm nowhere near accurate enough to eyeball the thickness or depth of the groove behind the "ears."

Here's where it gets wierd: It mounts on my E-M5.1 just fine. Down flat, bayonets on smooth as can be. All of my lenses fit on both bodies just fine, and AFAIK just the same. Now, I know I can just use the adapter on the M5.1, but I'd like the option to use it on the M1.2 as well.

I've reached out to K&F (they're in the Far East), and may reach out to the seller for help. But I wanted to ask here as well, in hopes there's a simple "fix" for user error, or something I can check on the adapter or the E-M1ii body. Thanks for any and all help.

Last edited:

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
Hm. Dunno what they'd do at a service center. It doesn't feel like a spring tension thing, more of a thickness thing of the mounting base or clearance on the groove of the adapter. Curious.

FWIW, I've never had a third-party anything not fit on the camera it belonged on.

dlentini

Mu-43 Regular
The adapter I have, mount without any problem. I got my from eBay, I think Roxsen is the "brand".

Not sure if this is any help at all...

IMG_2324.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
Appreciate the pic. I guess I need to take a couple pics of what the misalignment looks like. I'll try to do that in the next couple of days.
As a (sort of) update, the seller is sending an OM-m43 adapter from the same manufacturer for me to test out whether it's the brand of adapter or my E-M1ii that's responsible.

ektar

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Don
Update: Got the K&F Concept OM-M4/3 adapter in today. After a slightly disconcerting "snap," as it settled down onto the camera body mounting flange (of the M-1.2) it turns on and off just fine on both cameras. Leads me to believe there's a slight size difference in the flange on the two cameras. The resistance isn't spring tension. I'll fiddle with it and see if I can micrometer any measurements.

Last edited:
Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom