Just spent some money

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by dpj, Mar 19, 2012.

1. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Just ordered an ex shop display Panny 14mm f2.5 from ebay. Seller has 100% feedback and very good detailed pics of the actual item and it is in mint condition. This will be my first native lens purchase to go with my E-PL1, with the kit lens aside, and i am massively looking forward to getting it.:2thumbs:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    You're gonna love it. ;)
  3. dpj

dpj Mu-43 Regular

Jul 20, 2011
    Thanks Ned, i did my homework on here first of course, then decided to put some of my birthday money to it.
  4. dixeyk

dixeyk Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 9, 2010
    lovely lens...enjoy it.
  5. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    Small. Quick focus. Fast enough. Enjoy!
  6. Minniesmum

Minniesmum Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2012
    I've done exactly the same as you ! I've had my E-PL1 for a few weeks now with legacy glass. Ordered this lens on Saurday from eBay- should be here in a couple of days. Also my first native prime. Well done !!
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ean10775

ean10775 Mu-43 All-Pro

Jan 31, 2011
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I've been considering either this lens or the 20mm f1.7 for my E-PL1, as currently I only have the 14-42 kit lens and the 45mm f1.8 as native options. The primary purpose for either of these lenses would be to have a compact, wider-angle lens to snap photos of my first child, which various rumor sites are predicting will be released near the end of July and for which I've already placed my preorder.

No local store has either lens in stock for me to try so I just wondering from those who have/have used both, which feature wins out for photographing kids moving about - the faster aperture of the 20mm to allow lower light shooting and/or keep shutter speeds up, or the faster AF of the 14mm coupled with the relatively fast aperture of 2.5 (since I heard the AF of the 20mm is really slow)? Again, keep in mind, I've got an E-PL1 and I'm not planning on upgrading cameras at the moment, so the AF speeds won't be as fast as the newest generation of PEN cameras. I have a 5DII that I will use for taking photos around the house, but would like something compact to go on the PEN for when I don't want to tote along the Canon (which will be 90% of the time).
  8. JohnF

JohnF Mu-43 Regular

Apr 1, 2010
    Oberursel, Germany
    You can pre-order children? Mine were custom-made and took 9 months to deliver...and no rumor site announced them!

Sorry, couldn't resist that one. :)
    • Like Like x 1
  9. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    you will love it... I, too, got mine from ebay and am enjoying it thoroughly... at first, I was torn between it and the Oly 17mm f/2.8.... after having both for about a week, I sold the Oly and am keeping the Panny 14mm.... the panny has a slight edge on build quality as well as focus speed.... Cheers.
    • Like Like x 1