Just saying hi from Long Island NY

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by Pen F, Jul 21, 2011.

1. Pen F

Pen F Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    Hello All;
    I have been lurking about your sight now for several weeks and it seems that there are many fine people here. Also I have found the site a great help for me in choosing my first m4/3 camera, Oly ep-3 on order at B&H.
    A little about myself, I have been a hobbyist photographer since the early 80's useing all kinds of film cameras and digital cameras for the past few years. I have a love for my old Olympus Pen F that I still shoot on a regular basis. over the past few years I have gotten tired of lugging around dslr's and have come to settle on the m4/3 format. To be honest I never felt comfortable handling slr/dslr's. Smaller rangefinders and compact cameras seam to have fit me better over the years. Any how Im looking foward to my new purchase to arive, and haveing some nice conversations on this site.....Chris
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Chris, welcome! I'm originally from LI, and my parents still live there (Syosset). The E-P3 is a great choice!
  3. Alanroseman

Alanroseman Super Moderator Emeritus

Dec 21, 2010
    New England
    Welcome to the forum

Hi Chris,

Welcome to MU-43. We're always happy to meet a new Olympus owner!

Looking forward to seeing some of your work here on the board.

Cheers from New England, Alan
  4. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Chris.
  5. Alf

Alf Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 23, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  6. Pen F

Pen F Mu-43 Regular

Jul 21, 2011
    Thank you all for the kind welcome.
    Amin, I'm in Farmingdale not to far from your parents. Great to see some local people on here.
  7. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog Mu-43 Regular

Welcome Pen F. Here in Australia we have a great respect for mu43 enthusiasts from all over the world. We look forward to your participation in this wonderful forum. It's full of interesting people and great photographers. Please upload some photos and join us fully.
  8. penfan2010

penfan2010 Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 12, 2010
    NJ, USA
    Welcome to a fellow Pen F fan! One of the main reasons I went into :43: was because the Olys were the same form factor as the good old Pen F, and I could use all my old lenses. Like you, I also prefer smaller compact RFs, and none of the DSLRs was really small enough.

I am sure you will enjoy your new system. This forum is really great, lots of helpful, supportive and fun members.
  9. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Hi Chris,

My company's ofc is in Long Island, and I lived for a short time in Bethpage. Umberto's is nice but we can't take the absence of Papa John's, so we hied back to sunny New England. :rofl:
  10. KVG

KVG Banned User

May 10, 2011
    yyc(Calgary, AB)
    Kelly Gibbons
    hey Chris, sup:cool: