Just saying hello to a new forum....

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by benherrmann, Jan 4, 2013.

1. benherrmann

benherrmann New to Mu-43

Jan 4, 2013
    Fuquay Varina, NC
    Bernd W. (Ben) Herrmann
    Hello all:

Many of you may know me from various other forums. This is Ben Herrmann and I've been into the 4/3 and micro 4/3 end of things since their inception. I've been a prolific poster over the past 11 years at DPReview and of course, 43Photo (where I haven't done much recently).

As a matter of background information, I was born in Germany and emigrated to the US during the mid 50's. I served 26 years in the Marine Corps (Vietnam Vet) and have served as a Park Ranger/Lake Warden since then and also did some dabbling in new home construction real estate.

My current m/43 cameras are the GF-1, GH-1, EP-2 and most recently, the E-PL5. My regular 4/3 cameras still include the E-1, E-3, and E-30. And yes, on the "small side of the house, I have a XZ-1 and Panny LX-5 also. My "other brand" cameras include the Nikon P7000, P7100, P7700, and P510. On the Canon side of the house, I'm using the G-12, S-100, and SX-50 HS. And finally (whew....), I also shoot with the Fuji X-10

Although I don't do much posting anymore (not like I used to do), I do like finding new forums (which I did here). I'm in the process of wanting to get a 12-50 lens, so let's see how that works out here.

I reside in the small town of Fuquay Varina, NC which is 30 minutes south of Raleigh, NC. I'm fully retired now.

I consider my skills advanced since I've been photographing since right before the Vietnam war - long time isn't it.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello. My best to all!!!!!

And just to put a photo with a face, here's a photo of my wife (Jane) and I taken just a few weeks ago.

• Like Like x 1
  2. drd1135

drd1135 Zen Snapshooter

Mar 17, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Welcome. That's a great portrait of you two.

3. scottychop

scottychop Mu-43 Regular

Aug 10, 2012
    Seattle
    Scott
    Welcome

Welcome to the forum. Great intro and photo. You have a PM. :smile:

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Hello from another Viet Vet - got my first 'serious' camera in the PX at Vung Tau in '69.

Welcome aboard, Marine!

Regards,

Jim

5. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome and thanks for the introduction and photo! :cool:

6. digitalandfilm

digitalandfilm Mu-43 All-Pro

Jul 18, 2011
    I remember you from 4/3's forum.. welcome!

7. aragorn1980

aragorn1980 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 10, 2012
    Athens Greece
    Takis
    Welcome to the forum! Glad to have you with us!