1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Just received this message from RJ on ebay

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Richard W, May 9, 2010.

1. Richard W

Richard W Mu-43 Regular

Mar 21, 2010
    Sydney Australia
    • Like Like x 1
  2. PeterB666

PeterB666 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Not that useful as it doesn't have electrical contacts and you cannot stop down.

You can already use any adapted len's extension tubes. I have a 25mm extension tube for my OM 50mm macro lens.

3. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    South Gippsland, Australia
    Ray, not Oz
    This is specifically for manual lenses and something that hasn't been available anywhere else and it's a lot smaller package than you can get with the Oly/Pana packages. I just double posted, as I hadn't realised that others had sought the same.

Cheers

Ray

• Like Like x 1
  4. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    Other than the 50mm Noktor, there are no manual lenses made for the MFT mount. The shots from RJ show the extension tubes with the Olympus 14-42 MFT zoom.

5. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    You miss the point, this adapter allows one to much more easily use all and sundry manual lenses with m4/3s. Those with Leica, Minolta, Konica, Nikon, Canon and other rangefinder lenses, and others with C mount lenses, have at hand a set of extension tubes that are highy versatile and compact in size. But they are still able to be used with 35mm format lenses as well. There are no other extension tubes of variable length available for m4/3s.

If it's not for you, fine, but I asked for these quite specifically and it's great that one can get something like this made almost to order.

Cheers

Ray

• Like Like x 3
  6. PeterB666

Jan 14, 2010
    Tura Beach, Australia
    Peter
    I guess if you don't already have extension tubes it does offer the advantage that you can use them with any lens adapter and therefore only need a single set of extension tubes.

It is just a pity that there are not extension tubes with electrical contacts that can drive the aperture in the MFT lenses because the standard Olympus 14-42 zoom is a cracker close up.

7. grebeman

grebeman Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2010
    South Brent, south Devon (UK)
    Barrie
    Well done to Ozray, have got a set on order, much more convenient to be able to use one set of extension tubes. Macro photography with extension tubes is eminently suited to being carried out in full manual mode, I feel that the lack of electrical contacts is a non issue.

8. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    The one thing that has always been an issue with the electronically coupled adapters is that you can only use one at a time. You can't couple two EX-25s, nor can you couple an EX-25 and EC-14/20 and get AF etc, I've tried. So manual is the only way to go and, with this type of setup, you get many different extension tubes lengths at a fraction of the price of just one EX-25. And in most cases, macrophotography is pretty much all manual focus anyway.

Cheers

Ray

9. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Just curious about the EX-25 : apparently you can't have it work with the EP1, currently trying in MF mode, 4/3 zoom lenses and the MMF1 adapter. Or am I missing something ?

10. OzRay

OzRay Mu-43 Legend

Jan 29, 2010
    Ray, not Oz
    I just tried it with one of my lenses and it worked fine. So I then tried it with the 2x attached as well and no go. It still seems that Olympus has not enabled multiple extension/tele tube connections, other than the adapter to tele/extension tube.

Cheers

Ray

11. Gwendal

Gwendal Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 6, 2010
    Really ? What lens were you using ? Did you have to enable some specific setting ? Thanks !