1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Just received my Konica Hexanon 50mm 1.8!!

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by MrBenn, Aug 10, 2011.

1. MrBenn

MrBenn New to Mu-43

Aug 5, 2011
    Hi,

Just bought and received a Konica Hexanon 50mm 1.8 for use on GF2. It's my first legacy lens, after reading the threads on here I've got the bug! In fact this is the first lens I've bought for my GF2, other than the 14-42mm kit lens.

Whilst I'm waiting for my adaptor to arrive through snail-mail, I was wondering what tips anyone can give me for getting the best out of a MF lens and what pitfalls should I expect?

p.s. I think next I will get the Pany 20mm, but the price is a bit prohibitive at the mo. But after that I defo want to try more legacy glass.

Thanks in advance :)

:smile:

Flickr: mrbenn03's Photostream

2. snkenai

snkenai Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 5, 2010
    Don't expect too much the first few tries. Be patient and work at quality in every shot. It is not the best at "grab" shots. But will reward due diligence!

• Like Like x 1
  3. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    I love mine, got it for 5 bucks.

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/linkedit/5879288332/" title="depth_1 by 6500kelvin, on Flickr">"640" height="480" alt="depth_1"></a>

• Like Like x 1
  4. This thread may be worth a read while you're waiting for the adapter to arrive.

https://www.mu-43.com/f40/how-guide-using-adapted-lenses-12347/

• Like Like x 1
  5. MrBenn

MrBenn New to Mu-43

Aug 5, 2011
    Thanks for the advice, what legacy lens for a g series would you classify as a grab lens? Or would that be more an AF lens like the pana 20mm?

6. MrBenn

MrBenn New to Mu-43

Aug 5, 2011
    Well I finally got my m4/3s adaptor, just taking a few shots around the house until I get out and about on saturday, but am noticing the characteristics of this lens already, whilst it doesn't have the sharpness of my kit lens, it has a lovely grainy film-like quality. And also really nice saturated colours. So far so good :)

P1010739-1-2.

• Like Like x 1
  7. snkenai

Sep 5, 2010
    Sorry for delay.
    Auto focus in your favorite focal lenth.

8. snkenai

Sep 5, 2010
    I also use only base iso for legacy lenses, because of the different way they render IQ.

• Like Like x 1