1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Just put the order in...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by torsteinh, Apr 2, 2014.

1. torsteinh

torsteinh Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Norway
    Hi, I'm Torstein and I'm an Olympuholic. Actually I haven't even got the camera yet, but if I'm lucky it'll be in the mail before weekend.

My very first camera was a fully manual Fujica ST605n SLR back in -79 and a few of my buddies had an Olympus OM-10. Man I was jealous. Anyways I had a lot of fun with that camera back in the days. Me and another buddy rigged a darkroom in his basement where we fiddled with the black art of film development.

After a while other interests took over until a couple of years ago when My wife and I started diving. So much beauty! So I ended up buying a Canon G12 and an Ikelite housing to be able to have some self made souvenirs from the dives. It obviously was a dangerous path I had started on. GAS returned. The Olympus OM E-M5 was ordered. Now all I need is the Nauticam housing, a couple of Sea&Sea strobes, maybe the 60mm macro.. Oh and the 8mm fisheye. Maybe I have to order some flowers for the wife as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum, Torstein. I can't wait to see some of you underwater photos!

Flowers sound like a good idea... I will do that myself! :smile:

3. torsteinh

torsteinh Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Norway
    I'm afraid it will be at least a few month until I'll have underwater photos from the Oly to show. Need to find funding for the rest of the stuff I need. Until then the G12 will have to be the sub-surface kit. But you never know. Depends on the flowers I guess

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    You would need a big ice drill and a dry suit to dive here in Minnesota now. :smile:

5. torsteinh

torsteinh Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Norway
    I live up in Norway so I know what you mean. For some reason diving in the Philippines is more to my liking hehe.

6. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    Boracay is beautiful, been there twice.

I really love my E-M5. Probably won't ever sell it.

The flowers would be a wise buy for sure!

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing your photos. :cool:

8. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Welcome. The E-M5 is a wonderful camera. I'm an old Olympus user from way back too, and still have and OM-1 (with broken meter), OM10 (with manual attachement), and an OM-4, acquired recently, because I couldn't afford it back in the day. And some of the rangefinders.

You should love the E-M5; it even looks a bit like the OM-10.