1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just put the order in...

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by torsteinh, Apr 2, 2014.

1. torsteinh

torsteinh Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Norway
    Hi, I'm Torstein and I'm an Olympuholic. Actually I haven't even got the camera yet, but if I'm lucky it'll be in the mail before weekend.

My very first camera was a fully manual Fujica ST605n SLR back in -79 and a few of my buddies had an Olympus OM-10. Man I was jealous. Anyways I had a lot of fun with that camera back in the days. Me and another buddy rigged a darkroom in his basement where we fiddled with the black art of film development.

After a while other interests took over until a couple of years ago when My wife and I started diving. So much beauty! So I ended up buying a Canon G12 and an Ikelite housing to be able to have some self made souvenirs from the dives. It obviously was a dangerous path I had started on. GAS returned. The Olympus OM E-M5 was ordered. Now all I need is the Nauticam housing, a couple of Sea&Sea strobes, maybe the 60mm macro.. Oh and the 8mm fisheye. Maybe I have to order some flowers for the wife as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
  2. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Welcome to the forum, Torstein. I can't wait to see some of you underwater photos!

Flowers sound like a good idea... I will do that myself! :smile:

3. torsteinh

torsteinh Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Norway
    I'm afraid it will be at least a few month until I'll have underwater photos from the Oly to show. Need to find funding for the rest of the stuff I need. Until then the G12 will have to be the sub-surface kit. But you never know. Depends on the flowers I guess

4. krugorg

krugorg Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jul 18, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    You would need a big ice drill and a dry suit to dive here in Minnesota now. :smile:

5. torsteinh

torsteinh Mu-43 Regular

Mar 30, 2014
    Norway
    I live up in Norway so I know what you mean. For some reason diving in the Philippines is more to my liking hehe.

6. heedpantsnow

heedpantsnow Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 24, 2011
    Boracay is beautiful, been there twice.

I really love my E-M5. Probably won't ever sell it.

The flowers would be a wise buy for sure!

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Welcome aboard! Looking forward to seeing your photos. :cool: 

8. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Welcome. The E-M5 is a wonderful camera. I'm an old Olympus user from way back too, and still have and OM-1 (with broken meter), OM10 (with manual attachement), and an OM-4, acquired recently, because I couldn't afford it back in the day. And some of the rangefinders.

You should love the E-M5; it even looks a bit like the OM-10.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.