Just purchased GX1

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by tomgu, Oct 24, 2013.

1. tomgu

tomgu New to Mu-43

Oct 19, 2013
    Dayton, Ohio
    Hello everyone, my name is Tom.

I used Canon cameras in the 80's & 90's. My first digital besides p&s was Olympus e1. Others used include Digilux 3, EP2. I'm back in m43, with a GX1 purchased and I am waiting for delivery.

Any advice on lenses, and especially post processing will be appreciated.

I am a hobbyist.

Thanks
    Tom

2. WasOM3user

WasOM3user Mu-43 Veteran

Oct 20, 2012
    Lancashire, UK
    Paul
    Lenses - loads of choices depending on your preferred style - just check out the lens pages.

Personal preferences on PP are Lightroom with the appropriate Huelight profiles ($10).

Colin manages to improve skin tones and accuracy of colours (particular where they are close to saturation) over the standard profiles.

3. kadamnation

kadamnation Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Welcome back to m43! The Panasonic 20mm is an awesome lens on the GX1--the whole package was small enough to fit in my coat pocket, and I really enjoy that focal length for taking photos out on the street as I walk around town. Great in low light, too, though you might need to switch to manual focus because the auto-focus takes a while in the dark.

What types of subjects do you tend to prefer?

4. Fmrvette

Fmrvette This Space For Rent

May 26, 2012
    Detroit, Michigan
    Jim
    Welcome aboard, Tom!

Regards,

Jim

5. tomgu

tomgu New to Mu-43

Oct 19, 2013
    Dayton, Ohio
    Thanks for the welcome back. I also liked the P20 when I used it with my ep2. I am conflicted though, because the O17 looks very good.

Besides shooting family outings, I enjoy urban, and some landscapes. Tom

6. kadamnation

kadamnation Mu-43 Regular

Feb 13, 2013
    Boston, MA
    If you like shooting landscapes and urban environments, maybe the 17's the best choice, then--I've sometimes wished my field of view was slightly wider when using the 20 for landscapes. Either one should be a great standard prime! I haven't had the opportunity to try the 17/1.8, but it looks beautiful and I do envy the manual focus scale.

Either way, good luck!