Just pre-ordered the Oly 12 and 45!

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by Armanius, Jul 7, 2011.

1. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    I just pre-ordered the Oly 12 and 45 through Amazon. Hoping that they will be awesome lenses. The 12 will have to be really impressive to be a keeper. The 45 just needs to be about the same level of the PL45 to be a keepr.

To pre-order the Oly 12 and/or Oly 45 from Amazon, use the affiliate link below and support MU-43.com.

The link will take you to the Amazon site, and just do a search for Olympus 12mm or Olympus 45mm.

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & more

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    I just did, too, on impulse! :) That Amazon store card (with the installment payment option) really keeps getting me into trouble.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    I have the 45 on pre-order, despite the general lack of info on it. It's essentially exactly the lens I want next for the system, fingers crossed for it being a sharp metal wonder.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Here's a link that was posted on another thread in this forum. This link has lots of sample photos from the 45/1.8.

Olympus M.Zuiko 45mm f/1.8 Lens + E-PL3 body

5. Promit

Promit Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 6, 2011
    Baltimore, MD
    Promit Roy
    Yeah I've seen it, and I think the range of pictures is far too narrow to come to a decent conclusion about the lens. The question is really what will it do in my hands, shooting like I shoot...and I am fairly optimistic in that regard.

• Like Like x 1
  6. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    Congrats!

• Like Like x 1
  7. 3fps

3fps Mu-43 Rookie

Jul 14, 2011
    looks like the 45mm may be my next lens.

• Like Like x 1
  8. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I pre-ordered the 45mm through Adorama using the affiliate link here. So who's going to get it first - you or me? :tongue:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Hopefully, both of us, and very soon!

• Like Like x 1
  10. jim_khoo

jim_khoo Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 9, 2010
    Kuala Lumpur
    hi all
    is there any additional cost to pay besides the listed price and shipping
    cost for the lens such as GST, VAT or the likes with Amazon, B&H, etc...
    for overseas sales? thanks.

11. thearne3

thearne3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Redding, CT USA
    The seller does not collect anything. The retailer attaches appropriate Customs forms and your Customs officials apply the appropriate duty/tax/GST/VAT.

Your profile doesn't say your country of residence. Perhaps with this information you will be able to get a more specific answer. :biggrin: