Just Playing With My Lenses

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by dcisive, Apr 2, 2010.

1. dcisive

dcisive Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Well I slapped on both the kit 14-42 lens along with a Circular Polarizer to see how it might preserve the highlights in clouds and snow covered ground today as well as the 45-200OIS (one of my favorites for sharp sharp sharp pics) just to zero in and see how the resolution was on some things I'm real familiar with around where I live. Here are a few samples. I would encourage you to use the link to the full sized images as the smaller ones don't do justice to my point and experiment. The Kennicott one is just astounding in it's sharpness and microcontrast and the kit lens doesn't do half bad stopped down either. Here ya go. I do highly recommend you have a good quality 40.5 or 52mm (depending what lens you have of course) circular polarizer in your arsenal of filters along with a 3 stop ND filter to tame the bright sun if you plan on doing fun landscape work like flowing waters in a waterfall and such. Not to mention extreme bright lit days where the 1/2000th shutter speed may rear it's ugly head . Oh and I discovered that if you are a serious shooting you simply MUST have a VF-2 viewfinder, it is NOT an option. The shots I took these shots by near pure luck as viewing the LCD is near impossible on bright sunny days. Got my VF-2 ordered for sure. :tongue:

full sized image at: http://www.pbase.com/traveler/image/123244012/original

No CP on these shots with the 45-200OIS

Full Sized Image:

2. Rich M

Rich M Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    VERY nice shots.....I use CP's a lot......(and that's one of the main reasons I am not shooting my 7-14mm either).