Just ordered

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Y-V-E-S, May 24, 2011.

1. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Ordered the E-PL2 last night through B&H. Pretty excited to start using it. I know it'll hold me over until I get the Nikon D3s in a couple months. Then the Oly will be mostly used by my wife. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baytoven

Baytoven Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, NC
    James Isaac
    WARNING - The E-PL2 can be addictive!
    Enjoy!

3. Scott105

Scott105 Mu-43 Rookie

May 12, 2011
    Alabama
    I ordered one last week and received it yesterday. I am very pleased with it so far. I bought it to use when I do not feel like carrying my D7000 and bag with me.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I concur. Your wife may not get the camera she wants. Who knows, maybe she'll end up with a full-sized Nikon kit, lol. :D

5. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Oh gosh. Wouldn't that be something. lol. She wants to learn the basics of photography but she doesn't want a huge body. Even the entry level bodies from Nikon she didn't want. So I searched and found out about mu43 format. She saw the E-PL2 and said 'I want to learn with that.' I have a feeling I might be addicted to it now.

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I stopped using my Olympus E-3 already. All I take out anymore is my PEN. They both take the same fast lenses from the Four-Thirds system.

7. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    It's been a few months now and I am enjoying my E-PL2 more and more every week. Upgraded from P&S, never used DSLR before. Pictures from E-PL2 look noticeably punchier and more pleasant than from my friends Canon T2i and Nikon's DSLRs. T2i especially can't seem to get the skies right (always white color), E-PL2's skies are always blue and greens are green. E-PL2 has very reliable metering and AWB. All that matters to me is that without pixel peeping images look professional, high quality and attractive to my friends and family even w/o any PP at all. Two of my friends bought E-PL2s recently after looking at my casual FB photos and inquiring about what camera I used. One of them had Nikon DSLR (they both know little about photography and usually just use "Auto"). For my purposes: Picasa web albums (full size), facebook, photo sharing, I feel m43 is the right format. I don't print photos. I am still closely following the development of Sony Nex because it is significantly better in low light with super clean ISO3200 but it's not up to E-PL2 quality in daylight though (their lenses and possibly AA filter not very good, pictures look worse than my Canon S90). About 30% of all my photos are indoors after dark…

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    I'll take your D3s if you don't want it :wink:

9. the.growler

the.growler Mu-43 Regular

I've had more fun in the last two months with my E-PL2 than my prior years of photography put together. Enjoy!

10. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    I haven't bought one yet. lol.

11. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Well, I think I'll still be needing and want a Nikon DSLR full frame. Low noise ISO is what I desire since I like to shoot in natural lighting. Plus once I get situated with my gear I will start shooting engagements/weddings. So for my purposes I'd still need a DSLR. The E-PL2 however should be, and from the opinions you guys gave will be, a fantastic camera.

12. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Woohoo. Received the OLYMPUS E-PL2 yesterday. Been playing with it and it's a REAL NICE camera. Still have to get used to using it since I have been using Nikon DSLR's for the last 5 years. LOL.

iPhone picture.

5765049559_22cffc2ffa_b.jpg
    iCamera HDR by yvesgajardo, on Flickr

13. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I read that a lot from people who have M4/3 cameras, or other similar cameras. It's a very nice thing to read - fun is important!

14. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Don't forget to make sure you buy the VF-2 with it. If your a DSLR user you'll find it an easier transition with that as well.

15. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Good to know. I'll definitely get one for sure.. IF... I decide to buy a micro4/3rds system for myself.

16. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    FYI... I decided to switch over fully to mu4/3rds ahah. You guys were right. I GOT HOOKED. Looking forward to ordering the EP3 with the 25/2 and 45/1.8.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.