1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Just ordered

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Y-V-E-S, May 24, 2011.

1. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Ordered the E-PL2 last night through B&H. Pretty excited to start using it. I know it'll hold me over until I get the Nikon D3s in a couple months. Then the Oly will be mostly used by my wife. :2thumbs:

• Like Like x 1
  2. Baytoven

Baytoven Mu-43 Regular

Mar 26, 2011
    Durham, NC
    James Isaac
    WARNING - The E-PL2 can be addictive!
    Enjoy!

3. Scott105

Scott105 Mu-43 Rookie

May 12, 2011
    Alabama
    I ordered one last week and received it yesterday. I am very pleased with it so far. I bought it to use when I do not feel like carrying my D7000 and bag with me.

4. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I concur. Your wife may not get the camera she wants. Who knows, maybe she'll end up with a full-sized Nikon kit, lol. :D

5. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Oh gosh. Wouldn't that be something. lol. She wants to learn the basics of photography but she doesn't want a huge body. Even the entry level bodies from Nikon she didn't want. So I searched and found out about mu43 format. She saw the E-PL2 and said 'I want to learn with that.' I have a feeling I might be addicted to it now.

6. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    I stopped using my Olympus E-3 already. All I take out anymore is my PEN. They both take the same fast lenses from the Four-Thirds system.

7. Art

Art Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 13, 2011
    San Francisco, CA
    It's been a few months now and I am enjoying my E-PL2 more and more every week. Upgraded from P&S, never used DSLR before. Pictures from E-PL2 look noticeably punchier and more pleasant than from my friends Canon T2i and Nikon's DSLRs. T2i especially can't seem to get the skies right (always white color), E-PL2's skies are always blue and greens are green. E-PL2 has very reliable metering and AWB. All that matters to me is that without pixel peeping images look professional, high quality and attractive to my friends and family even w/o any PP at all. Two of my friends bought E-PL2s recently after looking at my casual FB photos and inquiring about what camera I used. One of them had Nikon DSLR (they both know little about photography and usually just use "Auto"). For my purposes: Picasa web albums (full size), facebook, photo sharing, I feel m43 is the right format. I don't print photos. I am still closely following the development of Sony Nex because it is significantly better in low light with super clean ISO3200 but it's not up to E-PL2 quality in daylight though (their lenses and possibly AA filter not very good, pictures look worse than my Canon S90). About 30% of all my photos are indoors after darkā€¦

8. RT_Panther

RT_Panther Mu-43 Legend

May 4, 2011
    Texas
    I'll take your D3s if you don't want it :wink:

9. the.growler

the.growler Mu-43 Regular

I've had more fun in the last two months with my E-PL2 than my prior years of photography put together. Enjoy!

10. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    I haven't bought one yet. lol.

11. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Well, I think I'll still be needing and want a Nikon DSLR full frame. Low noise ISO is what I desire since I like to shoot in natural lighting. Plus once I get situated with my gear I will start shooting engagements/weddings. So for my purposes I'd still need a DSLR. The E-PL2 however should be, and from the opinions you guys gave will be, a fantastic camera.

12. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Woohoo. Received the OLYMPUS E-PL2 yesterday. Been playing with it and it's a REAL NICE camera. Still have to get used to using it since I have been using Nikon DSLR's for the last 5 years. LOL.

iPhone picture.

5765049559_22cffc2ffa_b.
    iCamera HDR by yvesgajardo, on Flickr

13. Pelao

Pelao Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 3, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    I read that a lot from people who have M4/3 cameras, or other similar cameras. It's a very nice thing to read - fun is important!

14. RDM

RDM Mu-43 All-Pro

Don't forget to make sure you buy the VF-2 with it. If your a DSLR user you'll find it an easier transition with that as well.

15. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    Good to know. I'll definitely get one for sure.. IF... I decide to buy a micro4/3rds system for myself.

16. Y-V-E-S

Y-V-E-S Mu-43 Veteran

May 20, 2011
    San Jose, CA
    Yves Gajardo
    FYI... I decided to switch over fully to mu4/3rds ahah. You guys were right. I GOT HOOKED. Looking forward to ordering the EP3 with the 25/2 and 45/1.8.