1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Just ordered the Sigma pair, 19mm and 30mm

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by letsgocoyote, Apr 10, 2012.

1. letsgocoyote

letsgocoyote Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2011
    Just placed the order for both the Sigma 19mm and 30mm lenses last night.
    I would have liked the PL 25mm, but for the price I can get several other lenses

Hoping to get togeth a good prime kit that is good for video (af speed and noise concerns).

I already have the Rokinon 7.5mm fisheye, oly 14-42, oly 17mm, and oly 45mm. We will see if the 17mm is worth keep around (based on form factor only), and I may get rid of the kit lens as well so I can pick up the panny 14mm again.

I think that might make a nice quattro of lenses: 14/19/30/45

• Like Like x 1
  2. letsgocoyote

Nov 25, 2011
    I'll be sure to do a good review of these lenses when I get them as well, particularly comparing the 17 and 19 together

• Like Like x 3
  3. LVL8hacker

LVL8hacker Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 4, 2012
    Pinehurst, North Carolina
    Larry Anderson
    Pictures on the body as well :) PLEASE

4. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. Mu-43 All-Pro

Mar 14, 2012
    New Mexico
    Larry
    Please do let us know how you like them. I'm thinking about the 30mm instead of the PL 25mm f1.4, which I won't be able to afford for some time. But I'm still on the fence about it, and may just wait, using the nice 20mm Panasonic in the meantime. I have that lens and love it, but would like a less wide "normal" too.

So good luck, and let us know what you think!

5. letsgocoyote

Nov 25, 2011
    i'll be sure to.

6. letsgocoyote

Nov 25, 2011
    yes, im hoping the 30mm will be a decent substitute in place of the 25mm. i tried the 20mm but i felt it was too wide to feel normal for me. i fear the 30mm might feel a bit too narrow, but i will have the 19mm as well, so i should be covered. i think the 30mm will end up being my outdoors normal, and the 19mm my indoors normal.

7. everythingsablur

everythingsablur Mu-43 Veteran

Aug 4, 2010
    Toronto, ON
    I'd love to hear how both lenses perform in terms of AF speed. As much as I love the 20, I put it on my new E-P3 yesterday after I got in the door and noticed that it was a bit of a laggard in terms of AF speed, especially when compared to my other lenses. When it had to rack, it took a noticeable amount of time.

Seriously has me considering the PL25...

8. flipmack

flipmack Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 23, 2012
    irvine, CA
    I got the Sigma 30/2.8 and I put sample pictures and a quick 'impression' here.

It's a great lens. Focuses quickly and quietly.

9. Vertex Ninja

Vertex Ninja Mu-43 Regular

Mar 29, 2012
    I have both and like them a lot. The 30mm is sharper in the corners and ever so slightly sharper in the center, but I prefer the the 19mm focal length. I planned on doing a review for both of them, but I think this 30mm review already does a better job than I could/would:

pekkapotka - Journal - Sigma 30 mm f/2.8 EX DN

There has been less reviews of the 19mm, but you can see it on a gx-1 and view some large sample images here:

SIGMA 19mm F2.8 EX DN - ƒfƒWƒJƒ￾Watch

There's really very little to dislike about these lenses.

• Like Like x 3
  10. rich00

rich00 Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks for putting all this together. It looks like a good deal to get both lenses for little over the cost of the panny 20. Looks like I will be getting some new lenses.

11. Qwerty

Qwerty Mu-43 Regular

Jan 15, 2012
    Canada