Just ordered a new OMD EM5 from B&H

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jime, Jun 9, 2013.

1. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    I have an EPL1 and a G5. Love my G5. fits great in my hand and takes great pics. However, some of my lenses are adapted, my favorite being the Kiron 105 for macro work. I find that with the G5 and Kiron I can hand hold at 1:2 macro and get sharp pics about half of the time but at 1:1 macro I must use a tripod. Since most of my shots are walk-around I don't have the time or desire to setup a tripod.

I am expecting that the EM5 with 5 axis IBIS will help me with my walk-around macro shots plus with my other adapted lens. Also, when it is misting or a light rain my G5 stays in my bag. Now I can still take pics with the EM5 and my olympus 12-50.

Anyone know any quick reference guides or how to guides that will help me setup my EM5? I have been shooting since my first Yashica film camera when I was in Vietnam. Eventually migrated through several film and digitals and loved the Nikon D5100. But once I got the EPL1 I sold my Nikon and AFD lenses for the joy of m4/3. I like to keep it simple so only use about 10% of the options (if that much) so any suggestions on simple use setups will be appreciated.

Jim

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film... Steven Wright
    G5
    P20
    P14-45
    P45-200
    Nikon 55 2.8 micro
    Kiron 105 2.8 micro
    O12-60

2. Wizard Steve

Wizard Steve Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Provence, France
    David Ricketts
  3. MrPhotoBob

MrPhotoBob Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 16, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.