1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Just ordered a new OMD EM5 from B&H

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jime, Jun 9, 2013.

1. jime

jime Mu-43 Regular

Sep 3, 2012
    Jonestown Texas
    I have an EPL1 and a G5. Love my G5. fits great in my hand and takes great pics. However, some of my lenses are adapted, my favorite being the Kiron 105 for macro work. I find that with the G5 and Kiron I can hand hold at 1:2 macro and get sharp pics about half of the time but at 1:1 macro I must use a tripod. Since most of my shots are walk-around I don't have the time or desire to setup a tripod.

I am expecting that the EM5 with 5 axis IBIS will help me with my walk-around macro shots plus with my other adapted lens. Also, when it is misting or a light rain my G5 stays in my bag. Now I can still take pics with the EM5 and my olympus 12-50.

Anyone know any quick reference guides or how to guides that will help me setup my EM5? I have been shooting since my first Yashica film camera when I was in Vietnam. Eventually migrated through several film and digitals and loved the Nikon D5100. But once I got the EPL1 I sold my Nikon and AFD lenses for the joy of m4/3. I like to keep it simple so only use about 10% of the options (if that much) so any suggestions on simple use setups will be appreciated.

Jim

Everyone has a photographic memory. Some just don't have film... Steven Wright
    G5
    P20
    P14-45
    P45-200
    Nikon 55 2.8 micro
    Kiron 105 2.8 micro
    O12-60

2. Wizard Steve

Wizard Steve Mu-43 Regular

Feb 10, 2013
    Provence, France
    David Ricketts