1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Just ordered a JK Kodak Thisorthat (S1)

Discussion in 'This or That? (MFT only)' started by n3eg, Dec 29, 2014.

1. n3eg

n3eg Mu-43 Regular

and since there's no forum for that, I thought I'd post it here. Reviews and so on will follow.

2. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    finally I'm not alone :D

this camera body uses the Sony sensor, and it's said the image quality is actually quite good, but af is awful.

I don't have the camera but I have the lens, image thread is here
    https://www.mu-43.com/showthread.php?t=66243&page=5

look forward to yours

3. ManofKent

ManofKent Hopefully still learning

Dec 26, 2014
    Faversham, Kent, UK
    Richard
    I look forward to a review. I'm surprised the S1 and Kodak lenses haven't made it to ebay much - surely some enterprising seller would go for the worldwide distribution?

4. jyc860923

jyc860923 Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 28, 2012
    Shenyang, China
    贾一川
    actually there's a review in Chinese, http://www.soomal.com/doc/10100005179.htm

you can use Google translate or just let me know if there's anything I can help with.

Edit: that article might be a little too difficult to understand by machine translation because of heavy use of slang

5. Ulfric M Douglas

Ulfric M Douglas Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Mar 6, 2010
    Northumberland
    I does seem strange that so long after its official release we still can't find any for sale ...

6. n3eg

n3eg Mu-43 Regular

Amazon has them, and supposedly there's a link to buy it on the JK Kodak site. The Amazon seller is erratic, having lowered the price to almost half list price twice now and raised it abruptly.

There will be two lenses on Ebay soon - one will be the 400mm scope telephoto, and either my Oly 14-42 or the Kodak 12-45, depending on which loses the comparison test.

I've heard that Asia Optical (maker of JK Kodak lenses) also was contracted to make the Schneider Kreuznach lenses for the original Kodaks, and almost all post-2005 Kodaks were made in China, so the S1 isn't all that different.