Just opened my E-P3 box!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SRHEdD, Jan 23, 2012.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    I'll post more later, still at the office, but I LOVE my E-PL2. I've been getting great shots, love the handling, the lightness, the jpegs... everything.

But, I jumped on a used E-P3, and after doing a few small table-top product photos today, I can tell you this. It really reminds me of how much I loved my Nikon FM/FM-2 back when I shot regularly with whatever F2/F3/F4/F5/F6 I had. Some of you will get this, there was just something about the FM/FM-2 that felt right. The FE was similar, the FA didn't have it. The OMs DID have that same feel. The E-P3 just feels right. If I'm only getting an E-PL2 with the improved feel, I'm a happy guy, but I know there's a lot more to the E-P3 as well.

(oh, and from another thread... my VF-2 fits tighter on the E-P3)

Just my first impression. More later.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Congrats! The E-P3 is a joy to use. There is something just really fun about pressing that shutter button on an E-P3. Not sure what it is myself but it's very satisfying.

It's got "character". :biggrin:
  3. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    congratulations! :biggrin:
  4. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Fn2=DOF Awesome!

(...does my E-PL2 do that? Hmmm...)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    congrats! i'm sure you will enjoy the ep3 as much as i had....lots of lovely tweaking you can do with the art filters and the control wheels. very great handling camera imho. :2thumbs:
  6. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Definitely has character. Out of all the m4/3 cameras I've owned at some point, I had the most fun with the EP3 (so far).
  7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    The E-P3 is definitely on my wish list!