Just opened my E-P3 box!

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by SRHEdD, Jan 23, 2012.

1. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    I'll post more later, still at the office, but I LOVE my E-PL2. I've been getting great shots, love the handling, the lightness, the jpegs... everything.

But, I jumped on a used E-P3, and after doing a few small table-top product photos today, I can tell you this. It really reminds me of how much I loved my Nikon FM/FM-2 back when I shot regularly with whatever F2/F3/F4/F5/F6 I had. Some of you will get this, there was just something about the FM/FM-2 that felt right. The FE was similar, the FA didn't have it. The OMs DID have that same feel. The E-P3 just feels right. If I'm only getting an E-PL2 with the improved feel, I'm a happy guy, but I know there's a lot more to the E-P3 as well.

(oh, and from another thread... my VF-2 fits tighter on the E-P3)

Just my first impression. More later.

• Like Like x 1
  2. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    Congrats! The E-P3 is a joy to use. There is something just really fun about pressing that shutter button on an E-P3. Not sure what it is myself but it's very satisfying.

It's got "character". :biggrin:

3. zerotiu

zerotiu Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 13, 2011
    Indonesia-Singapore
    congratulations! :biggrin:

4. SRHEdD

SRHEdD Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 24, 2011
    Viera, Florida USA
    Steve
    Fn2=DOF Awesome!

(...does my E-PL2 do that? Hmmm...)

• Like Like x 1
  5. KS11

KS11 Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 31, 2011
    Busan/Hong Kong
    congrats! i'm sure you will enjoy the ep3 as much as i had....lots of lovely tweaking you can do with the art filters and the control wheels. very great handling camera imho. :2thumbs:

6. Armanius

Armanius Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 23, 2010
    Houston
    Muttley
    Definitely has character. Out of all the m4/3 cameras I've owned at some point, I had the most fun with the EP3 (so far).

7. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    The E-P3 is definitely on my wish list!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.