Just Jewel

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Sharing a few shots of Jewel, the new massive architecture, attraction and shopping mall in Singapore, right at the heart of Changi Airport. Even if you are transiting, do try to spend a couple of hours just to have a look. There's food, shopping, links by sky train to the 3 international terminals, and a cinema, and a light show at the rain vortex.

A splendid architecture by Moshe Safdie.

All shot with Olympus Pen F, 12-100 or Laowa 7.5mm lens.

You can find out more Experience Wonder at Jewel Changi Airport

The old welcoming the new. Right in the center view is the existing control tower.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

agentlossing

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Andrew Lossing
Recently watched the Parts Unknown episode on Singapore. I never knew it was so fascinating and complicated (sounds dumb to say, I mean what place isn't fascinating and complicated?) but it made me really want to see it with my own eyes. Great photo, I'd put it on a wall myself.

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Welcome to the Jungle
Be greeted with lush green forest valley, with the skytrains passing through which interconnects the terminals.
The waterfall named "Rain Vortex", is the world's tallest indoor (40m), during wet weather, rain will fall through the oculus as part of the waterfall.
Pen F, Laowa 7.5/2

Last edited:

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Recently watched the Parts Unknown episode on Singapore. I never knew it was so fascinating and complicated (sounds dumb to say, I mean what place isn't fascinating and complicated?) but it made me really want to see it with my own eyes. Great photo, I'd put it on a wall myself.
It is as fascinating as it is complicated :th_salute:
I think Singapore is worth a visit, or at least a transit :Welcome:

A little trivia, one of the most significant architect in past 10yrs Marina Bay Sands was also designed by Moshe Safdie.

Cederic

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Singapore is horrifically expensive and not terribly interesting.

Changi Airport however was magnificent even before this new part opened. Well worth a few hours wandering around if you're transiting. Easily the best thing in Singapore.

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Singapore is horrifically expensive and not terribly interesting.

Changi Airport however was magnificent even before this new part opened. Well worth a few hours wandering around if you're transiting. Easily the best thing in Singapore.
If you do come back to Singapore, I can recommend some places that could be interesting for you and food that's vastly affordable. :Welcome:

Crdome

Mu-43 Legend
Real Name
Michael
Welcome to the Jungle
Be greeted with lush green forest valley, with the skytrains passing through which interconnects the terminals.
The waterfall named "Rain Vortex", is the world's tallest indoor (40m), during wet weather, rain will fall through the oculus as part of the waterfall.
Pen F, Laowa 7.5/2

View attachment 737325
This shot is stunning! Do you have photos showing the spot where you shot this you photographed from to provide an understanding of the space?

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
This shot is stunning! Do you have photos showing the spot where you shot this you photographed from to provide an understanding of the space?
Thanks Michael, I don't have it yet, but I'm heading there tmr night for some night shots, I should be able to post some behind the scenes and the setups i use. normally it's using clamps to mount my camera on. Cheers, LP

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Fantastic pics! Singapore Airport is probably the best airport I've traveled through. And I'll take Singapore Airlines over any other one; maybe Emirates comes a bit close in service.
Thanks so much. Good to know you like it here and SIA. Will be posting more tmr probably of the night show

wonglp

Mu-43 Top Veteran
First time coming to the Jewel for nightscape, at every hour from 730 till 130, there is a daily light and sound show at the rain vortex, and this time of the year, it gets a little special due to Christmas. For the ground level access during this period, is cordoned off and became a paid event. I didn't pay for it hence was shooting from a distance away. Had to wait till the last show, before i get this almost-symmetrical view here.

All Shot on EM5III + 7-14mm Pro
49248999068_8f74a270e7_h.jpg

Shopping Mall side
49248999543_e5215c2fb9_h.jpg

The old control tower, dwarfed by the new architecture.
49249679347_f61d846409_h.jpg
[

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom