Just in from Stamford, CT

travlpix

New to Mu-43
Hi all,

I just bought my first Micro 4/3 camera, Panasonic G1 with an adapter to use Leica M lenses. But the kit lens is so good, I'm wondering if I should bother with the old, manual focus glass?

Anyway, I'm from Stamford, CT, USA, am old, have been photographing since the early 1960s, still have a bunch of ancient cameras that I use every now and then. Also some Nikon digital SLRs, D100 and 200. Once in a while I sell a picture, but not often enough.

I'm a writer by profession, covering boating, sailing, outdoor recreation and, now and then, dance.

My worry is, now that I have the G1, will I discover a whole new world of stuff that I need?

Best to all,
Mike Smith

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Welcome to mu-43.com and please make yourself at home, Mike. That was a great intro, but unless you're in your nineties you're not old. The 60s are the new 30s, and so on, right?:wink:

As for needing more, well there are always lenses...so you'd better stay away from the Adapted Lens and Native Lens forums. :biggrin:

RonSmith

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I just bought my first Micro 4/3 camera, Panasonic G1 with an adapter to use Leica M lenses. But the kit lens is so good, I'm wondering if I should bother with the old, manual focus glass?

Welcome to :43:, Mike.

The kit lens is surprisingly good, but I think you'll enjoy using those Leica lenses too.

Here's a sample of photos I've done with my G1 and GF1 and Leica lenses ...
G1/GF1 & Leica lenses - a set on Flickr

and my kit ...

3590457361_ca8938a3d1_z.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Mike Smith

A likely name.

travlpix

New to Mu-43
Thanks...

... for the welcomes.

Lens lust has started: I've already ordered an M42 adapter to use my old Pentax screwmounts on the G1 -- in addition to the Leica M adapter. But now I really should get a second body -- but then, I have a load of Canon FD lenses, so another adapter, and then what????

And there are some nice new Leica len$e$ that would work great on both the G1 and my M6. Where will it end????????

Latest threads

Top Bottom