Just in from Stamford, CT

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by travlpix, Jul 19, 2010.

1. travlpix

travlpix New to Mu-43

Jul 19, 2010
    Hi all,

I just bought my first Micro 4/3 camera, Panasonic G1 with an adapter to use Leica M lenses. But the kit lens is so good, I'm wondering if I should bother with the old, manual focus glass?

Anyway, I'm from Stamford, CT, USA, am old, have been photographing since the early 1960s, still have a bunch of ancient cameras that I use every now and then. Also some Nikon digital SLRs, D100 and 200. Once in a while I sell a picture, but not often enough.

I'm a writer by profession, covering boating, sailing, outdoor recreation and, now and then, dance.

My worry is, now that I have the G1, will I discover a whole new world of stuff that I need?

Best to all,
    Mike Smith

• Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Welcome to mu-43.com and please make yourself at home, Mike. That was a great intro, but unless you're in your nineties you're not old. The 60s are the new 30s, and so on, right?:wink:

As for needing more, well there are always lenses...so you'd better stay away from the Adapted Lens and Native Lens forums. :biggrin:

3. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan
    Welcome to :43:, Mike.

The kit lens is surprisingly good, but I think you'll enjoy using those Leica lenses too.

Here's a sample of photos I've done with my G1 and GF1 and Leica lenses ...
    G1/GF1 & Leica lenses - a set on Flickr

and my kit ...

[​IMG]

A likely name.

• Like Like x 2
  4. olyman

olyman New to Mu-43

Jul 19, 2010
    Nice collection of lens:thumbup:

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Mike and unfortunately 'lens lust' is alive and well in :43: land.

6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Mike, welcome here !

7. travlpix

travlpix New to Mu-43

Jul 19, 2010
    Thanks...

... for the welcomes.

Lens lust has started: I've already ordered an M42 adapter to use my old Pentax screwmounts on the G1 -- in addition to the Leica M adapter. But now I really should get a second body -- but then, I have a load of Canon FD lenses, so another adapter, and then what????

And there are some nice new Leica len$e$ that would work great on both the G1 and my M6. Where will it end????????