1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Just in from Stamford, CT

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by travlpix, Jul 19, 2010.

1. travlpix

travlpix New to Mu-43

Jul 19, 2010
    Hi all,

I just bought my first Micro 4/3 camera, Panasonic G1 with an adapter to use Leica M lenses. But the kit lens is so good, I'm wondering if I should bother with the old, manual focus glass?

Anyway, I'm from Stamford, CT, USA, am old, have been photographing since the early 1960s, still have a bunch of ancient cameras that I use every now and then. Also some Nikon digital SLRs, D100 and 200. Once in a while I sell a picture, but not often enough.

I'm a writer by profession, covering boating, sailing, outdoor recreation and, now and then, dance.

My worry is, now that I have the G1, will I discover a whole new world of stuff that I need?

Best to all,
    Mike Smith

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome to mu-43.com and please make yourself at home, Mike. That was a great intro, but unless you're in your nineties you're not old. The 60s are the new 30s, and so on, right?:wink:

As for needing more, well there are always lenses...so you'd better stay away from the Adapted Lens and Native Lens forums. :biggrin:

3. RonSmith

RonSmith Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 7, 2010
    Michigan
    Welcome to :43:, Mike.

The kit lens is surprisingly good, but I think you'll enjoy using those Leica lenses too.

Here's a sample of photos I've done with my G1 and GF1 and Leica lenses ...
    G1/GF1 & Leica lenses - a set on Flickr

and my kit ...

3590457361_ca8938a3d1_z.

A likely name.

• Like Like x 1
  4. olyman

olyman New to Mu-43

Jul 19, 2010
    Nice collection of lens:thumbup:

5. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

Hello and welcome Mike and unfortunately 'lens lust' is alive and well in :43: land.

6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hi Mike, welcome here !

7. travlpix

travlpix New to Mu-43

Jul 19, 2010
    Thanks...

... for the welcomes.

Lens lust has started: I've already ordered an M42 adapter to use my old Pentax screwmounts on the G1 -- in addition to the Leica M adapter. But now I really should get a second body -- but then, I have a load of Canon FD lenses, so another adapter, and then what????

And there are some nice new Leica len$e$ that would work great on both the G1 and my M6. Where will it end????????