just held a G3 in my hands!

Discussion in 'Panasonic Cameras' started by chasm, Jun 18, 2011.

1. chasm

chasm Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 2, 2010
    at SRS in Watford this afternoon... only for about five seconds before the battery gave out, but what a beauty. Great shape, feels almost as solid as my GF1, superb viewfinder, unbelievably compact without being too dinky. Now where did I hide that credit card? :wink:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    I'm really wondering when this will start coming out. Seems like forever since I preordered.
  3. Ned

Ned Mu-43 Legend

Jul 18, 2010
    Alberta, Canada
    Awesome. :) It's good to hear the camera is meeting expectations!
  4. CVerwaal

CVerwaal New to Mu-43

May 9, 2011
    My pre-ordered G3 just arrived from Panasonic Direct...I'm charging the battery right now. The camera is a beauty and I cannot wait to go out with it.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. starlabs

starlabs Mu-43 Top Veteran

Sep 30, 2010
    Los Angeles
    I really shouldn't read these threads :rofl:

Holding out for the Olympus announcements, then I'll decide. Better to hide the wallet like chasm though :tongue:

Congrats on the new camera, CVerwaal!
  6. DHart

DHart Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Jan 7, 2010
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    The G3 looks to be a home run camera! I'm sure one will find it's way to join my GH2 and GF1.
  7. playak47

playak47 Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 4, 2010
    As of right now G3 is the way to go. I am waiting for Olympus offering but G3 might still come out the winner from the two
  8. GaryAyala

GaryAyala Mu-43 Legend

Jan 2, 2011
  9. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    Same here. Ordered one on May 16th and still waiting. I called PD a couple of days ago and was to to expect it around mid July. I'm hoping they don't release the G4 before I get my G3
  10. Linh

Linh Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 14, 2009
    Maryland, US
    wait wait, what?! when did you order? Extremely jealous. Though, I just realized I need to find a 2nd battery for this thing, unlike the GF1, I might actually need it.
  11. Diane B

Diane B Mu-43 Regular

Nov 8, 2010
    The only other one I've seen from PD delivered was a white one to Illinois, received on Wednesday night. I wonder who shipped that one out LOL. I had a black body only preordered from them since May but cancelled and bought a brown kit today from Kenmore Camera near Seattle, WA. A poster said he had seen stock in their store yesterday but I checked their web site and it still had OOS. Its in stock on their web site today also. Someone else bought one there, said they had Panny reps in and lots of stock. I called, bought a brown one and its charged, boxed and ready to be shipped out Monday morning. Since I live in NC and didn't pay for faster shipping it will likely get here end of next week. That's the only place I've heard of in the US with stock on the shelves. Someone else called and bought one this morning also and they told him they sold 10 this morning.

Oh, and I've had my extra battery for several weeks but can't charge it until the camera with charger comes LOL--and can't find a pdf of the manual online to read it. It will be different enough from my G1 and GF1 that I WILL have to read it LOL.

12. mach330

mach330 Mu-43 Veteran

Mar 19, 2011
    The OC
    Wtf. Lucky bastard. Where are you at?
  13. sinyin

sinyin Mu-43 Rookie

Jun 14, 2011
    Does it takes so long for Panasonic Direct to ship? i m thkin of ordering G3 to my fren's place in Illinois (i m not living in US, but we will meet somewhere in august), will it takes longer than 2 months????
  14. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Just received my weekly email from Panasonic Direct: "shipping date is not available.". Frustrating, but not enough for me to cancel; $125 discount is not to be ignored, at least for me. G2 will just have to hang in there for a few more weeks or months....whatever.
  15. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    I've given up on Olympus. The m43 crown belongs to Panasonic right now.
  16. crsnydertx

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Same issue here. Bought spare for G3 on same order with X100 and two spare batteries for it. Returning X100 and its batteries, keeping G3 battery in eager anticipation....:biggrin:
  17. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    For those who have already received it, does it really come with a copy of Lightroom?
  18. tomrock

tomrock Mu-43 Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    • Like Like x 1
  19. MacBook

MacBook Mu-43 Regular

Jul 24, 2010
    South Carolina
    I ordered the G3 with the 14-42 lens this weekend as well and should have it by Monday the 27th -- it is a long drive for the UPS delivery person from Washington to Florida! :smile: I am looking for the proper battery, which I imagine should be the Panasonic-branded one. I already have the Panasonic 20/1.7 lens and also the Olympus m43 40-150 that are ready to go. I'm thinking this will replace the E-PL1 as primary camera companion.
  20. crsnydertx

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Panasonic DMW-BLD10 - same as GF2. About $50 online at B&H.