Just got the micro 9-18 and the EPL1!!!

Discussion in 'Street, Documentary, and Portrait' started by Swandy, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Was looking for a used EP1 to convert for infrared shooting and found a great deal from a guy selling a practically new EPL1/14-42/9-18/ext. mic and a cute little Olympus backpack. Since I wanted the 9-18 to go with my EP2, I jumped.

Was having fun with the ELP1 - not sent for conversion yet - and got the above shot. Processed quickly from RAW to JPEG in LR3. Probably needs a bit more work for the noise - but I must admit that the EPL1 does handle it very well.
    Thanks for looking,
    Steve

2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Congratulations Steve, great fun!

Cheers

Brian

3. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

Gotta love the 9-18mm - and your dog, too. Congrats on both the E-PL1 and the lens!

4. Swandy

Swandy Mu-43 Veteran Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Thanks to both of you for the comments. The lens was primarily purchased for landscapes while traveling, but I could not resist using an ultra wide angle's "ability" to distort on Max's cute face.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus Charter Member

I understand completely and have used it for my dog's face, as well as for one of my cat's.
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/otra/4713123584/" title="Eme, born in our woodpile by Otra2004, on Flickr">[​IMG]"449" height="500" alt="Eme, born in our woodpile" /></a>
    E-PL1 @17mm

I hope Max doesn't mind!:wink: