Just got my new VF 3 in today for my Epl 1

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Jorg.S, May 31, 2012.

1. Jorg.S

Jorg.S Mu-43 Regular

Wow what a difference the EVF makes on this camera.
    I feel like I got a brand new Camera today :smile:

I love my Epl 1 especially the output of that little thing but if there was one or two little things that bothered me was having to hold the camera at arms length to take pictures, it just doesn't feel natural to me.
    And the other thing is the slow AF on the inside or in not so good lighting but it has gotten better when I added the Oly 45mm to my setup.

Now don't get me wrong the EVF is nothing compared when looking through my Sony A850 very bright optical view finder but it sure beats the hell out of not having one at all.

The reason I went with the VF3 vs the VF2 was a the difference in money and also because I'm seriously contemplating of selling my Sony and Zeiss gear and go all in on the M4/3 system via the OMD and some of the new lenses now.
    This system now has just about every lens equivalent of my full frame gear.
    And from what I have read and seen they will be superb with a substantial weight loss vs my Sony, Minolta G and Zeiss lenses.
    I'm just waiting to see some of the reviews on the new 2.8 lenses from Panny.
    If they come out the way I'm thinking, I will be full in it for the long haul.

But for right now I will enjoy my Epl1 and it's new friend the VF3 :big grin:

I can't wait for the weekend to get here so that I can get out shooting some pics.

I'm now getting of my soapbox and let someone else get a word in.
    • Like Like x 2
  2. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    very nice, I may have to make a similiar purchase..
    • Like Like x 1
  3. bongestrella

bongestrella Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 2, 2011
    Mechanicsburg, PA
    I also got the same combo. I think the vf3's silver color plays well with the epl1's silver accent :)
    • Like Like x 1
  4. wlewisiii

wlewisiii Mu-43 Veteran

Dec 16, 2011
    Hayward, WI
    William Barnett-Lewis
    I can agree - it is like having a new & much much better camera with the VF3 attached. I haven't used the back screen except to occasionally delete a badly blown image, since I got mine. With the SCP on, there's little you can't do from inside the VF. Wonderful addition to the camera.

I know the VF2 is supposed to be even better but I could afford the VF3 - that makes it good enough for me :smile:
    • Like Like x 1