1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Just got my new lens.... Pany 14mm f/2.5

Discussion in 'Native Lenses' started by asaulo1, Mar 2, 2012.

1. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    well, I got my new pany 14mm lens for my E-PL1 today... I was able to buy this off ebay, brand new, no box for a decent amount... I was also fortunate enough to win an auction for a used oly 17mm f/2.8 so I am now at a crossroads as to which one to keep.... anyway, from my initial impression, AF on the pany is a little more snappy than the olympus.... I still have to really look into the focal length as to which one I like more... anyway here are some sample pics straight out of camera from a quick trip to Wal Mart...

2. tlong

tlong Mu-43 Rookie

Feb 13, 2012
    Southeast USA
    Tracey
    Congratulations! There is nothing more fun than a new lens! Enjoy!
    Also, be sure to share lots of pics!
    Tracey

3. Manac69

Manac69 New to Mu-43

Dec 13, 2011
    Houston
    Can you let me know, how it's going so far, Im at a crossroads on which one to get. Another question, how is it in low light? I have A E-PL1 also and the stock lens is terrible in low light :frown: I'm getting ready to go to DC this month and I want to get one of them before I go.
    TIA

4. letsgocoyote

letsgocoyote Mu-43 Regular

Nov 25, 2011
    The Panasonic is very nice. I was in the same situation as you and ended up keeping the 17mm. I'd say quality wise the Panasonic may be better, and is that much smaller and lighter than the Olympus, but I preferred the 17mm focal length for a walk around lens. In a richer world I'd have kept the 14 too

5. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    I think I am going with the Oly as well... but will probably test a bit more... the focal length of the PL 14mm is a little "off" to me... I need to use it a bit more to really keen on it's strengths and see how it compares with the oly.... in addition, I need to save some funds for the impending OMD-EM5 purchase :)

6. asaulo1

asaulo1 Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 21, 2012
    I had the same issue with the stock kit lens and have since upgraded to the 14-42mm II R that I won off ebay. I can tell you that it's far better than the stock lens that came with our E-PL1. I am loving this new lens as well as the my primes.... I suggest for a little more than $100, grab the II R 14-42..