Just got my new E-PL1.....

kstevieh

Mu-43 Regular
Well I just got the new camera in as well as a used 17mm lens and a Gordy's wrist strap.

For me (and probably many newbies) it seems like it is going to be a great camera.

MY reasoning for getting the camera:
1. Reasonably priced
2. Can attach EVF-good for old MF lenses I have (I will be purchasing this later)....Thats the main reason I decided against and E-P1.
3. Easy to learn without knowing correct terms and how to use things like apeturem shutter speed etc. While I have a semi understanding of this...I figured the IAuto would help me understand it a little better before moving up to a completly manual way of doing things.
4. The price of a E-P2, which i also want, will continue to drop hopefully. I will get a body only in about a year on ebay prob. pretty cheap.....and everything I buy will work on the E-P2 also. Then I can pass the E-PL1 onto girlfriend or her daughter or be stingy and keep them both lol.
5. I wanted a camera that takes high quality pictures.....even if I cant lol
6. Easy to carry around.

Yes I will admit it sure isnt as pretty a camera as the E-P1. Seems like they geared the apperance more towards the point and shoot crowd in order to draw in the group of people that were looking to upgrade. Probably good marketing on their part....but I do wish it looked more like the E-P1 or 2. But hey...Im not the best looking and I do have a great looking girlfriend....so I guess looks arent all LOL.

So far the camera seems to meet my expectations totally. I havent gotten to take many pictures yet because I have been getting it set-up and trying to learn all it can do (Thanks for the EP-2 menu set-up vids that you posted Brian Mosely. The E-PL1 is very similar in menu items and these really helped me get the camera set-up right)....Plus to beat all I got called out of town for work and left it at home(STUPID lol).

I am heading to Key West for the next two week for work. Hopefully I will get some pics and post them for all to see.

Again thanks to ALL on this board for the information you have posted and answering questions I have asked.

Steve

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I'll be interested in your experience with the camera. Also some subtle points- such as the sturdiness of the lens mount for use with heavier manual focus lenses.

If the EP-2 had a built in flash, it would be here right now.

BBW

Super Moderator Emeritus
Steve, thanks so much for keeping us updated and congratulations on finally receiving your E-PL1! No write yourself a note to make sure you bring it down to Key West and then come back and post a few in your new gallery!:biggrin:

cosinaphile

Mu-43 All-Pro
250 seems correct i payd 199 for the evf for my gf1 which compared to the olympus is
almost a childs toy

300 ? ouch

would love to see a bundle

Brian S

Mu-43 Top Veteran
I would also like to see a bundle with the EVF. I suspect some price competition will put pressure on Olympus and Panasonic.

I've had good experience with Adorama, but Tony at Popflash went out of his way to sell me a bunch of new Schneider 40.5mm filters Cheap. Bought 10 filters, used them all. I have a lot of lenses used 40.5mm filters.

Latest threads

Top Bottom