Just got my EP2 and feel like hooking up

blackSP

Mu-43 Regular
Hi all, after weeks of going back and forth between the Panasonic and Olympus I decided to cut the crap and accept the lower resolution lcd and slower autofocus and here I am. With the 14-42 kit lens and the 20mm Panasonic pancake coming asap.

Running into my first problem.
I'm a Linux (Ubuntu) user and how on earth am I going to update the firmware as the crappy Camera Updater runs fine under Wine but doesn't see the camera! Damn!!!

Rich M

Mu-43 Veteran
Welcome....you'll find a nice bunch of folks here.

Question....I am an E-P2 user.....I wasn't aware there WAS a firmware update for the camera. Still chugging along at Ver 1.0.

Regards.....R

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
Welcome blackSP, and yes Rich you're right... the E-P2 is still at rev 1.0. Do you know anyone who uses a PC or Mac blackSP?

Cheers

Brian

Herman

Mu-43 All-Pro
Welcome ! Congrats on your camera. Unfortunately I don't know how to solve your software problem, I'm sure other members will advice how to.

mauve

Mu-43 All-Pro
Running into my first problem.
I'm a Linux (Ubuntu) user and how on earth am I going to update the firmware as the crappy Camera Updater runs fine under Wine but doesn't see the camera! Damn!!!
I'm a linux user too an ran into the very same problem. No solution. I needed to dig out a true winXP image from the back of beyond to perform firmware updates. :mad: I know there's a standalone firmware updater (split from master 2) that can be downloaded from olympus website, I don't know if it works with wine either, learned it too late, after I finally performed my upgrades.

But hey, at least the e-p?? line uses SD-HC cards !! :tongue:

On a positive note however, libkdcraw handles e-p1/2 ORF files just fine, and all KDE4 applications built on kippi-plugins benefit from this : dngconverter, digikam (and sidekick showfoto [Lightroom-like raw processor]), krita, etc. This means you can have a successful 16 bits, colour managed (via lcms), geometry-corrected, and colour-profiled unbroken processing path under linux. :2thumbs:

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom