Just got my EP-1 not too long ago.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by VinVin, Jun 7, 2010.

1. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Hi everyone,

I just picked up the EP-1 not long ago. There were no pancake kits around here so I got it with the zoom lens. I'm coming from a Nikon D80 (still loving and using the D80) but decided to get something a tad more convenient when I don't want to carry a huge bag of gear around. After toying with the EP-1 for a few days I find that this lens isn't fulfilling my shooting needs and so after doing some creeping on this forum I found the option of CCTV lenses with the C Mount Adapter. I just ordered them on eBay and I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.

Aside from the lens itself not fulfilling me I find that I am completely in love with the EP-1 even though sometimes I miss the viewfinder. Before I purchased the EP-1 I actually introduced my cousin to the Panasonic GF-1 and since she bought it she has been saying extremely good things about it. I find that in Canada the price for the GF-1 is a tad on the rich side and since I am buying a secondary camera I don't find that I feel justified paying that amount for it and thus I chose the EP-1. I don't however regret this decision at all as I find that the EP-1 produces amazing pictures too.

Hopefully with my registration here I'll have a chance to learn more and thus improve my photographic skills.

Cheers,

Kevin

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome aboard VinVin, and congratulations on joining the many E-P1 owners who love that classic camera! Please make yourself at home and be sure to post a few photos when you have the chance.:biggrin:

3. dbledsoe

dbledsoe Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2010
    Kevin,

Welcome!!!

Don

4. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    welcome , greetings from ny

my mothers side of the family is from nova scotia, canada is very beautiful

5. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! When I get a chance to I'll definitely post up some pictures!

6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Kevin ! Glad you have found us.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.