Just got my EP-1 not too long ago.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and introductions' started by VinVin, Jun 7, 2010.

1. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Hi everyone,

I just picked up the EP-1 not long ago. There were no pancake kits around here so I got it with the zoom lens. I'm coming from a Nikon D80 (still loving and using the D80) but decided to get something a tad more convenient when I don't want to carry a huge bag of gear around. After toying with the EP-1 for a few days I find that this lens isn't fulfilling my shooting needs and so after doing some creeping on this forum I found the option of CCTV lenses with the C Mount Adapter. I just ordered them on eBay and I'm anxiously awaiting their arrival.

Aside from the lens itself not fulfilling me I find that I am completely in love with the EP-1 even though sometimes I miss the viewfinder. Before I purchased the EP-1 I actually introduced my cousin to the Panasonic GF-1 and since she bought it she has been saying extremely good things about it. I find that in Canada the price for the GF-1 is a tad on the rich side and since I am buying a secondary camera I don't find that I feel justified paying that amount for it and thus I chose the EP-1. I don't however regret this decision at all as I find that the EP-1 produces amazing pictures too.

Hopefully with my registration here I'll have a chance to learn more and thus improve my photographic skills.

Cheers,

Kevin

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Welcome aboard VinVin, and congratulations on joining the many E-P1 owners who love that classic camera! Please make yourself at home and be sure to post a few photos when you have the chance.:biggrin:

3. dbledsoe

dbledsoe Mu-43 Rookie

May 28, 2010
    Kevin,

Welcome!!!

Don

4. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    welcome , greetings from ny

my mothers side of the family is from nova scotia, canada is very beautiful

5. VinVin

VinVin Mu-43 Veteran

Jun 7, 2010
    GTA, Canada
    Kevin
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! When I get a chance to I'll definitely post up some pictures!

6. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Welcome Kevin ! Glad you have found us.