Just got my 2nd Oly Body... E-PM1

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by edwardconde, Jan 25, 2013.

1. edwardconde

edwardconde Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Going through the menus and setting it up similar to my E-PL1... Very excited!!! I have definitely drank the m43 Kool-Aid!!! :thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  2. JJJPhoto

JJJPhoto Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    Cincinnati, OH
    Jerry Jackson Jr
    Gotta love the little E-PM1. I thought it was a joke of a camera when I first saw it but I changed my opinion once I realized it could deliver image quality (and focus speed) equal to my E-P3 but in a smaller and lighter package. I wish it had a mode dial like the E-PL3 but I got used to the lack of a mode dial after a while.

My only real complaint about the E-PM1 is that mine has the common E-PM1 problem where it loses the date and time setting after a while ... so I always have to go into the setup menu and reset the date/time if I want my EXIF data to read correctly.
  3. BLX

BLX Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 24, 2012
    • Like Like x 2
  4. myadidas

myadidas Mu-43 Regular

Jan 24, 2013
    Viet Nam
    Oa ! it's Beauty. White skin
  5. Ramsey

Ramsey Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jan 9, 2013
    Zagreb, Croatia
  6. Mellow

Mellow Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 27, 2010
    Florida or Idaho
    My upgrade path took me from the PL1 to the PM1. They're actually very similar cameras, except of course the PM1 is so much smaller. But they function very similarly. After a while I found I really--REALLY--enjoyed the PM1 and it became my favorite camera. Like all Oly cameras, you need to spend time setting it up to your liking.

Enjoy your new camera; I think you're going to love it.

EDIT: I see you added the Flipback grip. Good call.