Just got an EP2 and G1

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by deckitout, Jan 29, 2010.

1. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Just got an EP2, G1 kit with 14/45 and 45/200 along with the panny 20/1.7 and the 4/3's adapter. Out went the D700.

This should meet my lightweight ideal along with more serious SLR type functions when required

It's great to be able to choose bodies from different manufacturers to utilise lenses as you wish. my panny 1.7 Becomes stabilised on the EP2, great for low light shots, The G1 kit gives great range and with adapter can use my 9/18 70/300 oly's, should be good fun
  2. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus

Dec 15, 2009
    What a great combination! you can do smooth video with your E-P2 and those stabilised lenses too.

Congratulations Phil, can't wait to see your first images posted.

3. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Thanks Brian, I am planning to head in a different direction with my Photography, genres that I haven't expored yet.
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Apr 10, 2009
    Boston, MA (USA)
    Excellent choice :2thumbs:. Looking forward to reading your impressions and seeing your photos with the new kit!
  5. grcolts

grcolts Mu-43 Regular

Feb 1, 2010
    You might be the person to answer my question about these two cameras. I plan on purchasing one or the other. My main interest is landscape and close-up photography. So, knowing this which camera do you think would be the better? Have you had a chance to shoot with both of them to have any opinions yet?
  6. BBW

BBW Super Moderator Emeritus

Oh, grcolts - there are going to be many opinions given and not just from deckitout. The good news is that there are quite a few folks on here who've got both or have used both a number of times.:smile:

P.S. And congratulations to you deckitout! :thumbup:
    • Like Like x 1
  7. deckitout

deckitout Mu-43 Veteran

Jan 28, 2010
    Essex UK
    Okay GR

I have barely used them yet, if my main interest was going to be Landcape and close up I am guessing I would sway towards the G1 with the articulating screen, my EP2 is sporting the panny 20 1.7 and will be my slip into pocket Camera. I'll let you know when I have had chance to use them more intently.

I have and still use an E3 and that articulating screen is invaluable for getting into unusual positions

8. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    thats a sweet kit, happy shooting
    • Like Like x 1