Just got an EP2 and G1

deckitout

Mu-43 Veteran
Just got an EP2, G1 kit with 14/45 and 45/200 along with the panny 20/1.7 and the 4/3's adapter. Out went the D700.

This should meet my lightweight ideal along with more serious SLR type functions when required

It's great to be able to choose bodies from different manufacturers to utilise lenses as you wish. my panny 1.7 Becomes stabilised on the EP2, great for low light shots, The G1 kit gives great range and with adapter can use my 9/18 70/300 oly's, should be good fun

Brian Mosley

Administrator Emeritus
What a great combination! you can do smooth video with your E-P2 and those stabilised lenses too.

Congratulations Phil, can't wait to see your first images posted.

Cheers

Brian

deckitout

Mu-43 Veteran
What a great combination! you can do smooth video with your E-P2 and those stabilised lenses too.

Congratulations Phil, can't wait to see your first images posted.

Cheers

Brian
Thanks Brian, I am planning to head in a different direction with my Photography, genres that I haven't expored yet.

grcolts

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Gary
Phil,
Congratulations!
You might be the person to answer my question about these two cameras. I plan on purchasing one or the other. My main interest is landscape and close-up photography. So, knowing this which camera do you think would be the better? Have you had a chance to shoot with both of them to have any opinions yet?
Thanks.
GR

deckitout

Mu-43 Veteran
Okay GR

I have barely used them yet, if my main interest was going to be Landcape and close up I am guessing I would sway towards the G1 with the articulating screen, my EP2 is sporting the panny 20 1.7 and will be my slip into pocket Camera. I'll let you know when I have had chance to use them more intently.

I have and still use an E3 and that articulating screen is invaluable for getting into unusual positions

Phil,
Congratulations!
You might be the person to answer my question about these two cameras. I plan on purchasing one or the other. My main interest is landscape and close-up photography. So, knowing this which camera do you think would be the better? Have you had a chance to shoot with both of them to have any opinions yet?
Thanks.
GR

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Mu-43 is a fan site and not associated with Olympus, Panasonic, or other manufacturers mentioned on this site.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2009-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom