Just Got An Email From Steve Huff...

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by tyrphoto, May 19, 2015.

1. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    He'll be featuring a few of my photos on his website's "Daily Inspiration" section where he chooses a certain photographer to spotlight.

I'll post a link here as soon as he posts it on his site.

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Part time philistine

Aug 10, 2011
    Yes
    Forgot
  3. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    waiting....

4. audiodrive

audiodrive Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Prairies
    jef
    that's great!

5. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Congrats! Will look forward to that.

6. TwoWheels

TwoWheels Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    Congratulations! It's well deserved...you do a lot of really nice work. :2thumbs:

7. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    Great, saw it myself today and thought it must be you:) 

8. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Very nice!

9. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Thanks everyone!

10. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Great photos, Tom. I think the other lesson to draw from this is to have a camera with you always. You never know when that opportune shot will present itself. Even though I use an MFT system, I admit to not always having my camera with me and missing a great photo opp. At times like that, I just relax and enjoy the moment. :) 

11. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Exactly. Sometimes we all fuss about gear but then we never carry it with us on a daily basis. The main thing is to try and shoot every day, even if it's with just a smartphone.

These days, I carry at least three cameras, not including my iPhone, every single day and try to shoot at the very least 10 images and hopefully I can get one keeper that's worth post processing. I also try to spend at least one day a week with the purpose of shooting for the majority of the day. This week I have some free time so I've committed myself to go out shooting tomorrow (Thursday) until Sunday.

Before I bought my Ricoh GR Digital III in 2009, I never carried my camera with me because I was shooting a Canon DSLR which was too big and heavy. These days, shooting mirrorless and compacts, I can carry a few cameras that fit every situation I might run into.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    I think that having a camera with you is a very important point. That is one reason why I laud the E-M10/E-M5 with O17 combo so much. It fits so nicely in my messenger bag. I can see the X100 filling a similar role.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Congratulations! Thank you particularly for the backstory of "Waitress" which I especially enjoyed in the daily thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here Subscribing Member

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Congrats and great work! I have thought about getting a GM1 just so I can always have a camera on me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    nice ones there. to shame that u was districted to only show three photos..

16. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Congratulations on the recognition and nicely written article.

Bold choice to stick a (not unwarranted) shot at Huff's website design in your first sentence. ;) 

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Thanks.

In regards to the "shot", he's a guy who always says that he tells it like it is. It wasn't a shot at his site but an honest remark which I'll assume he's big enough to be on the receiving end of a general critique. Truth be told, his site indeed looks unpolished but I do like the content and his opinions because he sticks by them although I may not agree with everything he says (i.e. Fuji cameras). Overall, I thought it was a compliment. :biggrin:

18. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    That's basically my main setup in my daily camera bag that I carry with me every single time I step outside my door. The E-M5 II and X100T. Third camera is usually my little Ricoh and I always have my iPhone 6 Plus with me as well.

I may be leaving my Ricoh at home more though since I'm really liking shooting the X100T with the 28mm wide conversion lens.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.