1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Just Got An Email From Steve Huff...

Discussion in 'Other Genres' started by tyrphoto, May 19, 2015.

1. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    He'll be featuring a few of my photos on his website's "Daily Inspiration" section where he chooses a certain photographer to spotlight.

I'll post a link here as soon as he posts it on his site.

• Like Like x 17
    • Winner Winner x 5
  2. ripleys baby

ripleys baby Straw clutcher

Aug 10, 2011
  3. metalmania

metalmania Mu-43 Veteran

Jul 19, 2012
    NYC
    waiting....

4. audiodrive

audiodrive Mu-43 Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Prairies
    jef
    that's great!

5. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Congrats! Will look forward to that.

6. TwoWheels

TwoWheels Mu-43 Top Veteran

May 28, 2014
    British Columbia
    Evan
    Congratulations! It's well deserved...you do a lot of really nice work. :2thumbs:

7. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    Great, saw it myself today and thought it must be you:)

9. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    Very nice!

10. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Thanks everyone!

11. Holoholo55

Holoholo55 Mu-43 All-Pro

Aug 13, 2014
    Honolulu, HI
    Walter
    Great photos, Tom. I think the other lesson to draw from this is to have a camera with you always. You never know when that opportune shot will present itself. Even though I use an MFT system, I admit to not always having my camera with me and missing a great photo opp. At times like that, I just relax and enjoy the moment. :)

12. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Exactly. Sometimes we all fuss about gear but then we never carry it with us on a daily basis. The main thing is to try and shoot every day, even if it's with just a smartphone.

These days, I carry at least three cameras, not including my iPhone, every single day and try to shoot at the very least 10 images and hopefully I can get one keeper that's worth post processing. I also try to spend at least one day a week with the purpose of shooting for the majority of the day. This week I have some free time so I've committed myself to go out shooting tomorrow (Thursday) until Sunday.

Before I bought my Ricoh GR Digital III in 2009, I never carried my camera with me because I was shooting a Canon DSLR which was too big and heavy. These days, shooting mirrorless and compacts, I can carry a few cameras that fit every situation I might run into.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. dornblaser

dornblaser Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Aug 13, 2012
    Chicago-area
    David Dornblaser
    I think that having a camera with you is a very important point. That is one reason why I laud the E-M10/E-M5 with O17 combo so much. It fits so nicely in my messenger bag. I can see the X100 filling a similar role.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. RKStarr

RKStarr Mu-43 Regular

Congratulations! Thank you particularly for the backstory of "Waitress" which I especially enjoyed in the daily thread.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. spatulaboy

spatulaboy I'm not really here

Jul 13, 2011
    North Carolina
    Vin
    Congrats and great work! I have thought about getting a GM1 just so I can always have a camera on me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. fransglans

fransglans Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 12, 2012
    Sweden
    gus
    nice ones there. to shame that u was districted to only show three photos..

17. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Congratulations on the recognition and nicely written article.

Bold choice to stick a (not unwarranted) shot at Huff's website design in your first sentence. ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    Thanks.

In regards to the "shot", he's a guy who always says that he tells it like it is. It wasn't a shot at his site but an honest remark which I'll assume he's big enough to be on the receiving end of a general critique. Truth be told, his site indeed looks unpolished but I do like the content and his opinions because he sticks by them although I may not agree with everything he says (i.e. Fuji cameras). Overall, I thought it was a compliment. :biggrin:

19. tyrphoto

tyrphoto Mu-43 All-Pro

May 25, 2014
    Seoul | NYC
    ㅇtㅈyㅅr
    That's basically my main setup in my daily camera bag that I carry with me every single time I step outside my door. The E-M5 II and X100T. Third camera is usually my little Ricoh and I always have my iPhone 6 Plus with me as well.

I may be leaving my Ricoh at home more though since I'm really liking shooting the X100T with the 28mm wide conversion lens.