Just got a side piece: X10.

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by winx14, Mar 16, 2012.

1. winx14

winx14 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    For some reason, I got an X10. I think it may have been that Popular Photography magazine that was in my bathroom. Must have read the X10 review over 25 times...

Haven't used it yet, but from first glance, it looks like the build quality is great. Also, it's kind of big for a "compact". Sold my GF3 to B&H and wanted a compact camera to replace it. This thing is comparable to my (old) E-P2!

Looking forward to using it and seeing what "Fuji colors" are all about.

2. capodave

capodave Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jul 4, 2010
    Southern Cal
    Dave
    My son recently got one to replace his LX 5 and loves it.
    The initial photos look really nice.

3. Hyubie

Hyubie Unique like everyone else

Oct 15, 2010
    Massachusetts
    Herbert
    Had one, but I personally couldn't see the reason to keep a zoom and an m43 for what I do (and frankly my wallet couldn't handle it). However, for the brief time I had it, it was more than capable for my use. I loved the lens, I loved the EXR (even on Auto mode), I loved the flash (it's the only built in flash I've ever used extensively - I suggest you explore it), I loved the handle, I loved the design. Can you tell I really loved it? :smile: However, in the end the :43: primes won out.

4. winx14

winx14 Mu-43 Regular

Dec 1, 2010
    Brooklyn, NY
    I bought it on eBay and it was a great deal, but I'm going to have to return it. Either the buyer wasn't honest with the description, or Fuji's QC really sucks.

-2 dust specks in the optical viewfinder, 1 visible while looking through it.
    -Dead pixel on the LCD screen.

I mean this doesn't affect picture quality, but this thing is over $500 and shouldn't be having these small issues. Guess I have to stick to what I'm used to, Panny and Oly. :blush:

5. bunguar

bunguar Mu-43 Regular

Jun 18, 2012
    Iceland
    Kari
    Well stay faaaar away from the canon powershot sx210 and all those 28-392mm models, they collect dust behind the lens like a vacuum cleaner

6. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Did you get a brand new X10 or a used one? Fuji is in the process of swapping out the sensors of the older models that had a tendency to render bright lights as disks or "orbs". The swap out is free; my X10 is enroute back to me after 5 days in the Fuji repair center in Edison, NJ.

My favorite compact camera - ever. Enjoy it!

7. Biro

Biro Mu-43 All-Pro

May 8, 2011
    Jersey Shore
    Steve
    Chuck... don't forget to give us a full report both here and at Serious Compacts after the X10 gets back. I'm still interested in this camera and I'll bet a lot of others are, too.

8. crsnydertx

crsnydertx Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 31, 2010
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    I'll do that! FedEx delivery is scheduled for Wednesday; hope my wife hears the doorbell, as a signature is required. I also have to convince her that it's not ANOTHER new camera... ;-)