1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

just getting started with my e-pl3

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by bobby1, Jun 7, 2013.

1. bobby1

bobby1 New to Mu-43

Jun 7, 2013
    atlanta ga
    Hello...just starting to learn how to use my E-pl3. So far I love everything about it. I have the stock lens. I would like to find a bargin 50mm lens for an everyday type use. Any suggestions would be helpful. I have been interested in some of the older 50mm's lens ....for budget reasons and what I have read so for seems like a good choice?

Anyway Im enjoying reading this fourm and hope to learn more about this camera.

thanks

bobby

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Welcome, bobby.

I think you may have posted this is the wrong sub-forum, as this one is primarily used to address questions directly to representatives of B&H Photo. Perhaps an admin can get it moved.

As to your question, there are almost innumerable options among old manual focus 50mm lenses that can be adapted for use on your E-PL3. As far as a specific recommendation, I would suggest you stick to a major brand (i.e. Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Konica, Minolta)...the differences in lenses across manufacturers are much smaller than the similarities and more of the difference in a given lens comes down to condition than to brand. I would suggest just looking around until you find a lens that appears to be in good shape at a price you like and then finding an adapter to fit that lens.

3. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012