just getting started with my e-pl3

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by bobby1, Jun 7, 2013.

1. bobby1

bobby1 New to Mu-43

Jun 7, 2013
    atlanta ga
    Hello...just starting to learn how to use my E-pl3. So far I love everything about it. I have the stock lens. I would like to find a bargin 50mm lens for an everyday type use. Any suggestions would be helpful. I have been interested in some of the older 50mm's lens ....for budget reasons and what I have read so for seems like a good choice?

Anyway Im enjoying reading this fourm and hope to learn more about this camera.

thanks

bobby

2. DeeJayK

DeeJayK Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Feb 8, 2011
    Pacific Northwest, USA
    Keith
    Welcome, bobby.

I think you may have posted this is the wrong sub-forum, as this one is primarily used to address questions directly to representatives of B&H Photo. Perhaps an admin can get it moved.

As to your question, there are almost innumerable options among old manual focus 50mm lenses that can be adapted for use on your E-PL3. As far as a specific recommendation, I would suggest you stick to a major brand (i.e. Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Pentax, Konica, Minolta)...the differences in lenses across manufacturers are much smaller than the similarities and more of the difference in a given lens comes down to condition than to brand. I would suggest just looking around until you find a lens that appears to be in good shape at a price you like and then finding an adapter to fit that lens.

3. Chuck-B&H

Chuck-B&H Sponsor

Apr 28, 2012
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.