Just Curious (EPL-1)

Discussion in 'Olympus Cameras' started by Christilou, Jan 13, 2011.

1. Christilou

Christilou Mu-43 Top Veteran

Feb 25, 2010
    Camberley, Surrey
    I sold the EP2 a few months ago because I wanted to use the Zuiko 50mm and 70 - 300mm lenses and there just wasn't enough grip to make that viable, sooo, I recently bought an EPL-1 (body only) purely to enable me to use the two 4/3rds lenses that I've kept. I've found that the shutter button feels very spongy compared to the EP2. Is this normal? Also, since I updated the firmware, I'm finding the autofocus on these lenses is SLOWER! When I first began using them it seemed a little better but now I'm back to where I started. Very strange!
  2. Spuff

Spuff Mu-43 Top Veteran

Dec 5, 2010
    Berkshire, UK.
    I don't know what the EP2 button feels like, but I don't have any complaints about my EPL1 shutter button. I wouldn't describe mine as spongy.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Boyzo

Boyzo Mu-43 Top Veteran

Mar 3, 2010
    E-P2/E-PL1 here In rainy Melbourne I find no real differences in Focus lock or shutter actuation with either.
    The EP2 has a larger button that's all.
    As for the lenses you mentioned re AF (presume they are 43) AF is not fast with these lenses and depends on subject matter and light.
    Firmware update would make little diff. if any
    With m43 lenses firmware upgrade makes a small improvement depending on the lens.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. youry

youry Mu-43 Regular

Nov 9, 2010
    Winston Salem, NC
    I played with a pl1 at best buy and I had the same feeling. Something like the prefocus half way press is missing
    • Like Like x 1