Just bought the OMD - OMG !

retro

New to Mu-43
Let me tell you something. Over the years I have owned the Nikon D700, D7000, Canon 5D Mark II, Nikon D200, D300, and Rebel XSI. I have never seen image quality this good from a digital. The color depth, tonality, and detail is stunning. The meter is just about perfect.

AerialCameras

Mu-43 Regular
Yep. Add me to the list too.
Put the D2x up for sale yesterday and someone hit the buy it now button within an hour. Today I marched down to the local and picked up my new OMD. My people here in Orlando had the body cap lens in stock, and it almost made it home with me as a perma-lens for the now sidelined e-pl2.

zapatista

Mu-43 Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Barber
Let me tell you something. Over the years I have owned the Nikon D700, D7000, Canon 5D Mark II, Nikon D200, D300, and Rebel XSI. I have never seen image quality this good from a digital. The color depth, tonality, and detail is stunning. The meter is just about perfect.

I agree, the camera simply bloody awful. Don't even try to use any of the older nikon manual lenses you may have...you'll hate it.

Art

Mu-43 All-Pro
Olympus has really nailed it. A sweet combination of perfect AWB, perfect metering and perfect color balance. This trio results in fantastic photos even from a dated (E-PM1) sensor in good light. Add to this perfect IBIS (OMD, only tripod/monopod is better for video. Huge blow to Sony Steady Shot), great DR and low high ISO noise. I still think dual AF system (PDAF/CDAF) is essential to make OMD complete so I'll hold on to my E-PM1 in the meantime.

Sent from my iPhone using Mu-43 App

arch stanton

Mu-43 Veteran
Real Name
Malc
Stop it, stop it, stop it! La la la la laaaaa!
<Fingers firmly placed in ears> :)

Seriously, glad y'all love it, my willpower is slowly crumbling...

adampad

New to Mu-43
Stop it, stop it, stop it! La la la la laaaaa!
<Fingers firmly placed in ears> :)

Seriously, glad y'all love it, my willpower is slowly crumbling...

Lol, no joke. I've been so pleased with my full frame nikons and really don't need new toys, but the OM-D seems to make everyone so happy.

Lawrence A.

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Larry
Count me in. It's the digital machine I've been waiting for. The image quality in terms of detail that can be resolved on that sensor, color, tonal range --all that stuff -- is remarkably good. For now, I'll concentrate on acquiring prime lenses that do the sensor justice. And when the E-M6 comes out, I'll get another low-cost E-M5.

Latest threads

Top Bottom