1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just bought a Sony TX5

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by Conqueror, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Conqueror

Conqueror Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    Just bought a Sony TX5

saw a very good deal on this and couldn't resist

some blurb from sony

"Exmor R™ CMOS, 4x optical zoom/25mm wide angle, HD movie, 7.5cm touchscreen LCD"

* Slim, colourful and beautifully styled
    * Water, dust, freeze and shock proof
    * Shoot extra-wide panoramas

should be arriving in a few days :smile:

2. demiro

demiro Mu-43 Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Nov 7, 2010
    I think you will enjoy the TX5. It has been my wife's primary camera for about six months now. We got it for beach and pool use mostly, but I have been very happily surprised by the IQ. Various shooting options are fun.

I would recommend a screen protector of some kind though. About 50% of anti-glare coating (or whatever it is) has rubbed/scuffed off our camera. We do kind of abuse it though, so I'm not certain Sony is to blame much for that.

3. Conqueror

Conqueror Mu-43 Regular

Jun 4, 2010
    Yeah I think it will mean I can have a camera with me more often, and gets shots I otherwise wouldnt have got at all because it is very small and resistant

4. lenshoarder

lenshoarder Mu-43 All-Pro

Nov 7, 2010
    I have a TX5. I love it. It has amazing IQ for what it is. It's low light performance is absolutely amazing. It night shots that are just a noisy mess on my E-P1.

I haven't taken mine underwater yet but the waterproofness is super handy for a quick rinse off after a night out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.