1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just Bought A Pentax Super-TaKumar 300mm F4.0 M42 screw mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by StudioHeraBell, Nov 9, 2010.

1. I can't wait to receive it and shoot it with my G1. It will become a 600mm prime lens.

Did anyone from the group used this lens with any of such cameras? Do you like the results?

If yes, I would LOVE to see the results and hear your opinions on it.

Cheers,

HB

2. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Richmond, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I used to own one many years ago and liked it a lot on my Pentax ME Super. I think you will like it. However the Pentax 300/4 is a bit of a beast and it does not have a tripod mount (depending on the version you got).

I currently have the Nikon 300/4.5 which I like and I just picked up the Pentax 300/6.3 so I can compare them. If I can give up an F stop the Pentax 300/6.3 is much smaller and lighter.

3. This one has a tripod mount. I added the lens's photo in my gallery here. I also added a shot done with Pentax 200mm hand held. All manual on G1.

4. scott

scott Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    I'd be interested to hear how you like this lens, and maybe see some sample pictures, since I've been thinking of getting the same thing.

I recently bought a Nikkor 300/4.5 ED-IF, which was really nice, but I sold it to raise money for a Panasonic 100-300mm. The Nikkor's probably a better lens, but I'm going to need the flexibility of the zoom for some upcoming trips.

So anyway--I hope the 300 is working out well for you.

5. Well I have the Lumix 45/200mm already. I wanted to play with a prime 300mm. I will show samples as soon as I get the lens.

6. The lens is here. I think I am going to enjoy this baby. Didn't shoot with it yet. Soon I promise.

7. [​IMG]

here is a fast first test. It is heavy. This was shot hand held.

8. scott

scott Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    That's impressively sharp for hand-held and low light.

9. some more fresh samples.

Shot with the old/new lens behind our home's office window. We have an active garden.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  10. scott

scott Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Those look really good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.