Just Bought A Pentax Super-TaKumar 300mm F4.0 M42 screw mount

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by StudioHeraBell, Nov 9, 2010.

1. I can't wait to receive it and shoot it with my G1. It will become a 600mm prime lens.

Did anyone from the group used this lens with any of such cameras? Do you like the results?

If yes, I would LOVE to see the results and hear your opinions on it.

2. Narnian

Narnian Nobody in particular ...

Aug 6, 2010
    Midlothian, VA
    Richard Elliott
    I used to own one many years ago and liked it a lot on my Pentax ME Super. I think you will like it. However the Pentax 300/4 is a bit of a beast and it does not have a tripod mount (depending on the version you got).

I currently have the Nikon 300/4.5 which I like and I just picked up the Pentax 300/6.3 so I can compare them. If I can give up an F stop the Pentax 300/6.3 is much smaller and lighter.
  3. This one has a tripod mount. I added the lens's photo in my gallery here. I also added a shot done with Pentax 200mm hand held. All manual on G1.
  4. scott

scott Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    I'd be interested to hear how you like this lens, and maybe see some sample pictures, since I've been thinking of getting the same thing.

I recently bought a Nikkor 300/4.5 ED-IF, which was really nice, but I sold it to raise money for a Panasonic 100-300mm. The Nikkor's probably a better lens, but I'm going to need the flexibility of the zoom for some upcoming trips.

So anyway--I hope the 300 is working out well for you.
  5. Well I have the Lumix 45/200mm already. I wanted to play with a prime 300mm. I will show samples as soon as I get the lens.

6. The lens is here. I think I am going to enjoy this baby. Didn't shoot with it yet. Soon I promise.
  7. [​IMG]

here is a fast first test. It is heavy. This was shot hand held.
  8. scott

scott Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    That's impressively sharp for hand-held and low light.
  9. some more fresh samples.

Shot with the old/new lens behind our home's office window. We have an active garden.

• Like Like x 1
  10. scott

scott Mu-43 Veteran

Nov 15, 2010
    Those look really good.