Just asking...

Thai-Mike

Mu-43 Hall of Famer
Real Name
Michael
...why we have two threads of Street?

I guess that the Real Street means just B/W and the Real Color Street means, as it says, color images.

So far so good, but why is in the real street still color images?

Phocal

Mu-43 Legend
...why we have two threads of Street?

I guess that the Real Street means just B/W and the Real Color Street means, as it says, color images.

So far so good, but why is in the real street still color images?
Because people don’t read the first post about the intent of the post. We also have a bird thread and a Wildlife thread. First post specifically states the thread is for Wildlife other than birds. Yet it’s full of bird images.

My 2 copper pieces,

Phocal

WhidbeyLVR

Mu-43 All-Pro
Real Name
Lyle
The Real Street ll thread doesn't insist on mono images in it's first post so it makes no real sense to have two threads on the go. I'm wondering if the mark l version of the thread did though and that stipulation wasn't clarified/carried over into the 2nd thread?
No. The original Real Street Thread reached 150 pages and nearly 3000 posts, and is closed for further replies. Last post was in December of 2011, but seemed popular to the end. It contained both B/W and color images. More likely there was some kind of posting limit per thread back then.

We have many such dualities in threads, where somebody wanted to place an emphasis on a less common or otherwise special subset of images which already had a thread. We have B/W landscape/seascpae, B/W animals, 12-Mpixel images, and more.

I just don't worry about it. The Mods can merge 'em if important, but why bother?

I do agree with @Phocal that it is a good idea to check the original post in a thread, even though that isn't the issue in @Thai-Mike 's query.

Last edited:
Top Bottom