just as sharp as....

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by yogz, Nov 3, 2010.

1. yogz

yogz Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 8, 2010
    ....the contax 90mm.

Hi all, i have been taking shots w/ my new oly e-pl1 and i love it :thumbup:. I have acquired, rather cheaply a lot of konica hexanons and not so cheaply a 90mm contax sonnar lens. I am impressed w/ the artistic bokeh and color of the hexanons, but find myself liking the sharpness of the carl zeiss sonnar 90mm.

I am hoping to add one more sharp lens to my collection, in the league of the contax and shorter focal length, but since the contax 45mm planar, is fetching $300+, it is not looking to good on that prospect. Any ideas?

Considering the 20mm 1.7.

hexanons: 28mm, 24mm,50mm 1.8, 50mm 1.7
    contax: 90mm sonnar
  2. ~tc~

~tc~ Mu-43 Hall of Famer

Oct 22, 2010
    Houston, TX
    20/1.7 is SUPER sharp, and will autofocus/autoexpose ... but then the price is up there a bit too.

I LOVE mine. It has made an instant convert of me to bright lenses!
  3. yogz

yogz Mu-43 Rookie

Oct 8, 2010
    thanks TC, looks like that will be a purchase! Thanks.
  4. Kosta

Kosta Mu-43 Veteran

Sep 29, 2010
    go for the 20/1.7! I have no regrets dishing out just under $400 (delivered) for it from BHphoto.
    by the time you get a contax g 45 f2 and the adapter, you will have an expensive (although high quality) lens which is much less portable and much longer focal length than the pana 20.
    my two cents!
    good luck with the decision - I hope you get the right lens for your budget! :)