1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Just an old car.

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by sammykhalifa, Jul 12, 2012.

1. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Haha, still learning both the E-PL2 and LR3. I used the panasonic 14mm and a CPL.

7553750700_62f8fc3c83_b.

• Like Like x 17
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Sweet car and a nice photo!

3. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I love the way the B&W processing has the jet black car against the light grey bushes that are against the darker grey bushes. Really great tones, well-done sir!

4. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    +1! :biggrin:

5. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    my type of image!

6. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Mu-43 Veteran

Not "just an old car." It's a Merc! 1950, if I'm not mistaken. Flathead 8. When I was in high school, this was a very popular car for customizing, usually by removing all chrome, and adding flames.

Those were the days.

7. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Haha, very true Mike! I honestly know very little about cars (this car show just happened to be down the road from me the other day), and the only way I knew what make this car was was the "Mercury" label on the side. But even though I know that and the year probably isn't right, I still can't get the old song "Hot Rod Lincoln" out of my head. :)

Thanks everyone! I took a few photos there but this is my favorite one. I originally made it a B&W just because the trees behind were a little distracting to me, but I think the end product was better because of that.

8. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I remember being in an auto parts store one time when an old guy came in and said "Ah need a dastabwewtah fo a fitty-fo muckry!". Your photo makes me think of that and chuckle.

9. Roger

Roger Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Western PA
    I'm like Mike. I remember those from when I was in high school. The one I remember the most was metallic blue. Your shot of this one is excellent.