1. Welcome to Mu-43.com—a friendly Micro 4/3 camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Just an old car.

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by sammykhalifa, Jul 12, 2012.

1. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Haha, still learning both the E-PL2 and LR3. I used the panasonic 14mm and a CPL.

7553750700_62f8fc3c83_b.

• Like Like x 17
  2. RevBob

RevBob Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Jun 4, 2011
    NorthWestern PA
    Bob
    Sweet car and a nice photo!

3. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I love the way the B&W processing has the jet black car against the light grey bushes that are against the darker grey bushes. Really great tones, well-done sir!

4. twokatmew

twokatmew Mu-43 All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jun 1, 2012
    Lansing, MI, US
    Margaret
    +1! :biggrin:

5. littleMT

littleMT Mu-43 All-Pro

Apr 8, 2012
    Lucille Sanchez
    my type of image!

6. MikeR_GF1

MikeR_GF1 Guest

Not "just an old car." It's a Merc! 1950, if I'm not mistaken. Flathead 8. When I was in high school, this was a very popular car for customizing, usually by removing all chrome, and adding flames.

Those were the days.

7. sammykhalifa

sammykhalifa Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 22, 2012
    Pittsburgh PA
    Neil
    Haha, very true Mike! I honestly know very little about cars (this car show just happened to be down the road from me the other day), and the only way I knew what make this car was was the "Mercury" label on the side. But even though I know that and the year probably isn't right, I still can't get the old song "Hot Rod Lincoln" out of my head. :) 

Thanks everyone! I took a few photos there but this is my favorite one. I originally made it a B&W just because the trees behind were a little distracting to me, but I think the end product was better because of that.

8. michaeln

michaeln Guest

I remember being in an auto parts store one time when an old guy came in and said "Ah need a dastabwewtah fo a fitty-fo muckry!". Your photo makes me think of that and chuckle.

9. Roger

Roger Mu-43 Regular

Jul 2, 2011
    Western PA
    I'm like Mike. I remember those from when I was in high school. The one I remember the most was metallic blue. Your shot of this one is excellent.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.