Just a Few things about me in regards to the forum

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Djarum, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    I just noticed recently that my status is "Senior Member". I have no idea what that means, but I've been on the forum for a while, and I post consistently on a daily or weekly basis, and I thought I'd clear a few things up about my forum activities.

There are a couple of things I'd like to address. In regards to the "Thankging" system we have, I rarely do this. It is not personal to anyone's post or thread. I read about 85 percent of the posts on the forums, and if I'm interested in the post or thread, I ususally comment. Most of the active members know I'm not afraid to speak my mind, lol. So, for those new or old, please don't feel offended if I don't use the "Thanks" system. Its just not my way of doing things.

Secondly, If anyone in general has any questions, for anything, feel free to send me a PM. Again, I'm on the forum at least once a day, if not at times once every few hours. I have free time during my lunch and at home. Anyone can ask me anything, regarding the mFT system, forum stuff, or whatever. If I don't have an answer, I will do my best to find one or find the person who may have one. I may not have the camera knowledge that some have or photographic knowlege others have, but I would still like to consider myself a resource open to the forum. The forum is growing and getting better because of the wide variety of skills each members have.

Thanks

• Like Like x 14
  2. Herman

Herman Mu-43 All-Pro

Feb 7, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Thanks my friend. You contribute on your own way to the community, so do I, I'll try.

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    DJ,
    Thanks for this post. I also don't use the Thanks System very often. It's not that I don't like it, it's that I'd rather post than use the button.
    Don't sweat about that....your contribution never goes unnoticed regardless of the Thanks Button.

Senior Member means you have reached a certain number of post.......
    In my case it's means I'm old......
    Don

• Like Like x 2
  4. Djarum

Djarum Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Huntsville, AL, USA
    Jason
    This is exactly how I feel. The thanks button is a little too informal for my tastes. I just don't want people to feel that I am off putting.

5. Brian Mosley

Brian Mosley Administrator Emeritus Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Dj, I appreciate having you around :2thumbs:

I use the Thanks button all the time - I think people like to know that you appreciate it when they bring value to our community - it's great shorthand for giving recognition. It's an add-on, you don't have to use it - no-one will mind! :wink:

Cheers

Brian

• Like Like x 6
  6. JoepLX3

JoepLX3 Mu-43 Top Veteran

Jun 13, 2010
    Japan
    Hey Don,

You give us a young, alive and kicking feeling!!!
    - Are you going to make new thread about you becoming/became adminstrator?
    - That will give you for sure a chance to collect a good amount of "thanks"!!!

Thanks for you dedication to this site!!!

Best regards,

Joep

7. cosinaphile

cosinaphile Mu-43 All-Pro Charter Member

Dec 26, 2009
    new york city
    senior members ... its a good club to be in ,

cheers

8. GaryInOz

GaryInOz Mu-43 Regular

May 11, 2010
    Sydney, Oz
    +1 :smile:

9. bilzmale

bilzmale Mu-43 All-Pro

I'm another who prefers to post a reply which I do pretty freely. So I'll thank you Djarum in here. I think seniority is based on the number of posts but I qualify on age at least.

10. Iconindustries

Iconindustries Mu-43 Hall of Famer Charter Member

Hey Bill if I'm correct in my surmise, you will soon be a senior member too! I'm guessing at 501 posts.

11. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus Subscribing Member Charter Member

Dec 15, 2009
    Phila, Pa USA
    Thanks Joep.
    Tell ya what.... if'n I decide to make a thread about the little known, little cared about fact that I became an Admin....
    Well, I'll make sure your the 1st to know........

Keep an eye out.......