1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Jupiter 12?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by linkedit, Aug 23, 2010.

1. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    Is anyone using this lens? This looks like a nice lens to use with my E-PL1 and there are a few on eBay that are priced real cheap. My question is which adapter would be needed to mount this lens on a µ 4/3 camera? The rear lens element protrudes from the back past the M39 threads

Jupiter-12 half back | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

It looks like there wouldn't be enough room in the body to fit the lens. Is there another adapter specially built for lenses like this?

2. Krang

Krang Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    It is a m39 mount lens and goes too far in. I was also considering this lens, since I also own a FED 2, but after some research I found out It's not possible.

Optically it would be plausible but there just too much stuff in front of the sensor. Like the filter/cleaner glass and it's protection.

3. linkedit

linkedit Mu-43 Top Veteran

Aug 6, 2010
    New Jersey, USA
    I thought so. I had hoped that maybe there was another m39 adapter that is not so shallow.

4. Brian S

Brian S Mu-43 Top Veteran

Apr 11, 2009
    Wide-open, It is not a very sharp lens. It flares a lot. If you want a small 35mm lens, non-retrofocus design, look at the Canon 35/2.8 in LTM.

5. Krang

Krang Mu-43 Veteran

Feb 19, 2010
    The jupiter 12 does do some nice BW film shots. It's shortcomings give the images something extra in my opinion :)

But for micro4/3 you definitely need something else.

This is not possible without any optical elements, since the distance to the film/sensor plane, has to be the same as in the original camera. Otherwise you cannot focus the lens properly… And there aren't any such optical adapters on the market and if there were they would be very expensive or of crappy quality, like cheap tele/wide converters…